Looking at Hextall's performance nearing the end of the season

ROOKIE745

67 games in for the Toronto Legion, officially eliminated from the playoffs, and now just riding out the rest of the season. Hextall as ever played hard and while he put the team on his back a number of times it would never be enough to get his team to the playoffs. This season hasn't been all doom and gloom for the Legion as a good chuck of their prospect continue to grow and get better. John Merrick leads in goals-41 and points-99 for the Legion while Anigbogu leads the team in assists-62. Gainer and Sens both sit in the 30 goal and 80 point range currently. There are bright lights in the Legion's future but were here to focus on the teams starting goaltender, Jaxx Hextall.

Hexy at this moment sits with a record of 27-26-6, he is three wins away from 30 and 150 in his career. Hextall needs at least one more win to tie his rookie season at 28. Hextall is on route to post some of his best, and worst numbers. Sitting at a .920 save percentage Hextall may be on the way to setting his best save percentage yet as long as his last five games are good, hopefully he didn't jinx him. He also sits at four shutouts, tying his rookie season and one behind his best of five shutouts in a season in season 73. On the other hand though his goals against average is set to be his worst, coming in at 3.18, and following that is the most goals allowed in a season by him, season 73 Hextall allowed 191 while sporting a 3.01 goals against average, this season he sits at 190 but with five games left it's possible it gets over 200, it's likely seeing as even he only allowed two goals each game that would put him at 200 exactly. Jaxx has never seen more than 27 regulation losses either, hitting the mark of 27 twice before but it's likely he may end with 28 or 29 regulation losses. The final thing to note is the number of shots the Canadian netminder has faced, at 2369, 63 more than his season 73 campaign and again he still has five more games to play. Considering that Hextall has faced an average of 40 shots a game in his 59 starts, he could be looking at facing another 200 before the season is over.

Probably due to some frustration Hextall has scored two empty net goals this season and has two assists for four points. (Note: as I was typing this more games got played XD) looking at other starts from Hexy, he has ten penalty minutes, he'd probably say that isn't enough, and has been the first star seven times, second star two times and third star five times, meaning in 14 games at least he was one of the stars of the game. After the most recent games played, and for those of you who are curious Hextall sits third overall on most shots faced at 2451, only behind Calvin Harvey, in 64 games with the Riga Reign he has seen 2502 shots and Bacon of the New York Americans who in 62 games has faced a crazy 2623 shots. He mainly point this out as it has been a sticking point in Jaxx's career, going from 2132-2184-2306 in his first three season, the soul exception was last season when he faced 40 less shots for a total of 2266 and this season he will see a record number of shots. To try and put this in some perspective, lets look at the other Legion goal tenders who have faced 10,000 plus shots. Ironside in 386 games with the Legion sits at fourth with 11115 shots faced, Hextall is in third with 320 games played and 11339 shots faced, 66 less games played than Ironside. Second place is Aidan Shaw who in 452 games played saw the rubber 12178 times, Hextall will no doubt pass this next season. Finally in first for most shots faced is Remy LeBeau, in 511 games played in blue, saw the rubber an incredible 16564 times. Seeing as Hextall only has two season left to play, he would likely have to face over 5000 shots to pass it, and we don't think Hexy is gonna see 2500 shots in his next two season so that record for the legion is probably safe.

(word count 740)

I enjoyed the article but I think it would be better if you could mention where Hextall ranks among other goalies this year in the stats you mentioned not just where it ranks in his career. I liked when you talked about where he ranked for career stats so I think it would be really interesting. I found the in-depth section on most shots faced to be really interesting and I'd like to know if Hextall has a chance at any other career records. Overall, I enjoyed the article but more information comparing Hextall to other goalies would've helped flesh out the article. 7.5/10

I absolutely enjoyed the article and the statistics were great to see! If you included some other statistics from other goalies I think this would be a 10/10 article. The grammar was great but just adding some of those other statistics really make this 10/10!   Very solid 9/10