Breeze Ladrian Junior Review

Kelsier

Breeze Ladrian, Born Edward Ladrian, was always a multi-sport athlete.  Throughout his youth, he played various levels of hockey, basketball and football.

While he never excelled in the other two, he found a skill on the ice.  At the young age of 10 years old, he began to flourish.  In his small town, guided by his parents, he spent his time away from school to practice.

In middle school, Breeze had registered and joined a small youth league of 6 teams, and quickly grew to be the best player in the league.  As a defenseman, Breeze focused his efforts on blocking shots and getting hits, sometimes violently, to disrupt opposing offense. 

It was in high school, however, that the dream of playing professionally truly grew roots.  Though he remained playing basketball, starting on his varsity team by his Sophomore year, he was one of the top rated prospects in his region.

Joining the juniors league as early as he could, troubles began to arise.  Breeze was repeatedly and consistently noted as being conflicted. As a multi-sport athlete, his dedication to hockey was questioned openly on a regular basis.  His defense continued to be a strong suit, but offensively he never really shined. His skill on the skates left plenty to be desired, and out of high school, it is reported he was offered basketball scholarships.

With his dedication in doubt, his agressive playstyle causing penalty concerns, and his raw skills leaving much to be desired, it is no wonder that Ladrian slipped so far into the draft.  To this date, his commitment is questionable at times, but reportedly he's been around the Ace's facilities more and more.

When asked directly about it, Breeze has consistently hedged. "I want to be as great as I can be...but I don't know if I want to be great on the ice or on the court.  My coaches and managers throughout my life have always said I could be one of the best, but I just can't bring myself to believe it.".  

By many metrics, Ladrian underperformed in his Junior's career, and was reportedly a no show frequently.  After moving out of the Juniors, he signed with Mexico City and was later drafted by the Reapers, and both organizations openly stated he was hardly at their facilities.

Could this be the start of a diamond being refined? Or will he continue to be a massive question mark on his path to the professionals league?