Questions for people to answer

1.  What aspect of Hockey (Defense, Stick Handling, etc.) do you think is the most underappreciated?

2. The NHL has the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy for the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship. What should the name of that trophy be in the VHL?

3. Who do you think deserves to win the award this year?

4. Who do you think is your team's MVP this season?

5. What is your favorite holiday?

6. If the VHL has an expansion, what city would you like to see get a team?

11 hours ago, IHateBobNutting said:

1.  What aspect of Hockey (Defense, Stick Handling, etc.) do you think is the most underappreciated?

2. The NHL has the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy for the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship. What should the name of that trophy be in the VHL?

1. Blocking shots, no question

2. I really don't know that many players yet, so I couldn't say

3. Same answer as above

4. The MVP for the Saskatoon Wild is Florent Vericel, the league's leading scorer

5. Christmas. It gets the most hype and I get to spend time with family

6. Some city outside of North America

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 4:27 AM, IHateBobNutting said:

1 - Stickhandling, affects everything you do

2 - Condor Adrienne memorial

3 - Patrik Tallinder

4 - Erin esurance

5 - midsummers eve

6 - would love to see VHL extend to europe and especially to copenhagen 

On 12/25/2020 at 9:27 PM, IHateBobNutting said:

1. For sure Awareness. Puck and player awareness is crucial in any good player.

2. the lady kachur award. If you know you know. 

3. Me

4. Me. I don't have a team

5. Christmas

6. Cologne, Vasteras, Hamilton, Serbia, Ukraine.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:27 AM, IHateBobNutting said:

1. Movement, hockey is so eccentric you need good around the ice

2. Good guy award

3. Patrik laine

4. I didnt play but I guess cabe mcjake

5. Christmas

6. More teams in finland, so Tampere

1. Strength

2. We had that before, it was the Mikka Virkkunen (I think spelling may be off)

3. No idea

4. Not on a team yet

5. The 4th of July

6. Idk somewhere in Texas

• 3 weeks later...

1. Discipline for sure.

2. I think it should be named the MSP award ( Most Sportsmanship Player).

3. I believe Spencer Elsby deserves to win it this year.

4. Theodore Hoffman my team mate on the Ottawa Lynx.

5. Christmas 

6. Sault Ste Marie Ontario. A great hockey town!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 2:27 AM, IHateBobNutting said:

1. I think defense is the most underrated right now honestly. I think people go more towards Offensive skills in real life.

2. Honestly, i think that would be stupidly hard to award that i don't think you could really do i wish i could.
3. Like i said i am not entirely sure maybe Patrick Laine on Helsinki

4. Same as above!

5. I don't really have a favourite holiday. I do enjoy the UK holiday of Pancake day xD but for seasons i love autumn.

6. I have done this before and honestly i'd put one in Sapporo!

On 12/25/2020 at 10:27 PM, IHateBobNutting said:

1. I don't think backhand shots get enough love, I was always a fan growing up though

2. Call it the "Nice kid" award

3. Isabella Campbell on  Seattle or John Brewitt. Both have 0 PIMs in 46 games

4. I just got traded so that's hard to say

5. Christmas or Halloween

6. Cairo

• 2 weeks later...

Awareness, defensive awareness specially. Being in the right place all the time, knowing where to be and when exactly is valuable and not easily seen in raw stats. Probably some advanced stat for it though idk.

Named after a HOF/legendary player who was exactly that. Can't name a player right now, but I'm sure there is one.

Guy Lesieur or Terrible Trivium.

Tsujimoto or UnGuri, tough call between them, can't say which rn.

Christmas no doubt.

Turku!!!!

There likely should be an attribute for intuition or "hockey smarts".  However, given what we have, I think Defence is underappreciated, even in terms of point production, this attribute seems to have a large effect.

I did a Media Spot on this some time ago.  The VHL used to have a trophy like The Lady Byng.  it was called The Mikka Virkkunen and was last given out in S58.  Perhaps this should be renewed.  Dare we call it The Madoona ?

I think the criteria for such an award would have to be based on production vs. PIM.  So, at this point I like Guy Lesieur who has 93 points and only 7 PIM.

It is hard to say at this point, as we underwent a huge trade near the trade deadline.  There is no doubt that the elite players who have joined the Reign are having a profound effect on our team, but there needs to be some consideration to the players who got us to the point before the trade additions.  As well, individual performances in the playoffs will have to be taken into consideration.  In short....the jury is out !!

Victoria Day (Third week-end in May).  Spring has started and we are getting ready for the summer season.  

Again, I participated in a thread on this topic and made my case for:

737476335_SwordsSlashers.thumb.jpg.4f69d6d31deb076421dc08c8d25351d8.jpg

• 2 months later...

1. I think blocking shots is the most underappreciated because it's difficult 

2. It should be named after a player who represented those qualities

3. Andrew Su has only 37 PIMs, so probably him

4. Duncan Montana has been great

5. Christmas because I get to see family and there's a long break

6. I think Buffalo could use a team

1.  What aspect of Hockey (Defense, Stick Handling, etc.) do you think is the most underappreciated? Goaltending. A good goalie makes all the difference.

2. The NHL has the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy for the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship. What should the name of that trophy be in the VHL? The Odin Omdahl trophy. That guy never gets any penalties.

3. Who do you think deserves to win the award this year? Odin Omdahl, as he's still kicking in his last season.

4. Who do you think is your team's MVP this season? Jim Bob. He really stepped up this season.

5. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. No other holiday beats it.

6. If the VHL has an expansion, what city would you like to see get a team? I'd like to see Edmonton get a team.

1.  What aspect of Hockey (Defense, Stick Handling, etc.) do you think is the most underappreciated? I think that the most underrated aspect of hockey is defense and how someone is good defensively.

2. The NHL has the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy for the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship. What should the name of that trophy be in the VHL? The player that has the least amount of penalties ending the season

3. Who do you think deserves to win the award this year? The person that has the least amount of penalty minutes.

4. Who do you think is your team's MVP this season? Sadly idk cause I am a free agent so who knows

5. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

6. If the VHL has an expansion, what city would you like to see get a team? Charlotte

Edited by nhlbeastmode_7777

• 2 weeks later...

1. I think it is he hockey sense, cause it is easy to say that a player is awful, because he doesn't produce, but on the ice this player always makes the good play, the good passe and the good back check.

2. I will go with The Teddy Bear Trophy.

3. I am new to the league, so i don't really the names of the players so i really don't know.

4. The season hasn't started yet, but my guess would be Angel Wachiure.

5. Christmas, because this the time of the year when you always see your family.

6. Quebec, because i believe that they deserve a professional hockey team.

• 2 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 7:27 PM, IHateBobNutting said:

1.  What aspect of Hockey (Defense, Stick Handling, etc.) do you think is the most underappreciated? Hockey IQ for sure. You can be an excellent skater, stickhandler, or even a great hitter but if you can't use your skills efficiently due to a lack of awareness of what is going on around you, you're as good as dust. The best hockey players have skills but also know what to do and when to do it.

2. The NHL has the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy for the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship. What should the name of that trophy be in the VHL? The 701 Trophy.

3. Who do you think deserves to win the award this year? Patrik Laine.

4. Who do you think is your team's MVP this season? As of right now, it is definitely Otto Numminen. Man is insane.

5. What is your favorite holiday? I'd have to say my favourite holiday would be Christmas. Nothing like a warm and cozy time inside and maybe some outdoor hockey if you are up to it.

6. If the VHL has an expansion, what city would you like to see get a team? Quebec City. First the Nordiques, now the Meute, like somebody get them a hockey team, they deserve one.

• 2 months later...

1. I think defense, people who score goals are very appreciate by the fans but sometimes I think we forgot about the defense like a players block 6 shots on a game and it’s almost nothing. 

2. Mmmh The Hard working trophy. 

3. Zaza, Hogan 2 or karjalainen are all great picks to win it in the VHLM this year in the nhl I want Drouin to win it. 

4. Hulk Hogan 2 is in the top for points and shots block so he can do all. 

5. Thanksgiving I love turkey. 

6.  Hawaii call it like maybe the Hawaii Tikki or The Hawaii surfers. 

• 1 month later...

1. Defense for sure it's simple, defense wins games. Doesn't matter how much you score if you cannot keep the puck out of your own net. (Especially in the VHL)
2. Uhhhh, The Sportsmenship trophy? To be honest I have no clue what to name it.
3. Hmm someone who has good sportsmenship... Maybe Sergey Preobrazhensky?
4. Robert Wilk for sure, he played well in San Diego.
5. Christmas, you get work breaks and relax. What's not to like?
6. Hmmm, somewhere in Russia, the Leningrad (St.Petersburg) Lakers? Or we can go to Byelorussia! The Minsk Musketeers! 

Edited by Bulduray_1

I would say defense, it's equally important as offense but often goes unnoticed by the average fan. 

Sportmanship Award or name it after a player who exemplified those qualities during a long career. 

No idea since I just joined the league, but I'm sure there are some good candidates. 

I was not on a team this season but if I had been it'd probably be the player who had the most points and if it was close, edge to goals. 

Probably Thanksgiving because everyone loves to eat and usually you see a lot of friends and family back in town. 

Yellowknife. I think the Yellowknife Yetis would be a great addition to the league. 

I would have to say ice awareness. I know it’s not a VHL attribute but if you know where to be at all times you’re going to be successful. Especially if you’re not super athletic.

Definitely New Years Eve. So much anticipation and hopefulness for the next year. Usually only to be let down by how lame the next year ends up being. But it’s fun for one night.

I would like to see a team in Africa, maybe Cameroon? There’s not a whole lot of hockey out there so it would be fun to see a team started in Africa.

On 12/25/2020 at 8:27 PM, IHateBobNutting said:

1. Defense for sure we always see the flashy highlights but never the hard work and grit of defense 

2. The Beetlejuice memorial trophy 

3. I don't think I know enough to decide on the that 

4. Season hasn't started so until then I can answer that 

5. Christmas or fourth of July I don't know why but both just make you feel good

6. Sioux falls since it was where I was born and has a USHL team that I would go see with my family when I was a kid.

• 1 month later...

- Really depends on what player you're building. But I would say Checking.

- White Dove Trophy

- Whoever deserves them. May the best win!

- The whole team! Without each other no singular player would be MVP.

- Christmas I guess.

Tbilisi

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 8:27 PM, IHateBobNutting said:

1. I think it has to be defense. Everyone nowadays is just worried about scoring.

2. The Obi Adesanya Award

3. Obi Adesanya

4. Probably Charlie

5. I like Thanksgiving, Obi loves to eat.

6. I think a team in Green Bay would be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

I would have to say defense. People love scoring goals but stopping goals just as important.

Good question. Maybe name it based on a VHL contributor or even a real person like Nelson Mandela or something?

The season has not started yet but a lot of people put in a lot of hard work for the league and their teams.

Again, season has not started an I am answering an old press conference for TPE but I hope I can play at an MVP level.

Christmas is always my favorite holiday and great to be with family and celebrate the birth of Christ.

As an Atlanta resident I would love to see the city get a team. They lost Thrashers in NHL and need some hockey!

• 2 months later...

-Its hard to answer this, but I will say - Puck Handling!

-White Dove Trophy!

-Everyone who actually deserves them. not favorites.

-Either me, or Godlander or Pierce!

-Summer Solstice! It's a foreign holiday...

Cape Town, just for lulz1!