Press Conference for ANYONE - Part 2

thadthrasher

Below are some pretty basic questions you can answer as part of your press conference requirements.

1. What excites you the most about the VHL?
  2. Do you have a specific team you would like to play for? Are you playing for that team now?
  3. Everyone has a pre-game ritual. What is yours?
  4. Is there any music you listen to to pump you up for a game? Do you have a playlist?
  5. If there was any other sport you could play what would it be?
  6. What's the worst hockey-related injury your player has endured?

19 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

Below are some pretty basic questions you can answer as part of your press conference requirements.

2. Do you have a specific team you would like to play for? Are you playing for that team now?
  4. Is there any music you listen to to pump you up for a game? Do you have a playlist?

1 What excites me the most is how real the VHL feels

2 Saskatoon would be my first choice so yes

3 My pregame ritual is to always drink a little bit of mustard

4 I prefer to not listen to music and I don't have an album

5 I would play Football

6 Victor Foles has previously broken his collarbone

On 12/26/2020 at 9:39 PM, thadthrasher said:

1 - How fast things can change

2 - Moscow or Helsinki, theyre close to my location

3 - Mess with the puck in a specific pattern

4 - I always listen to fort minor - remember the name

5 - Hockey, man

6 - Cancer

On 12/26/2020 at 2:39 PM, thadthrasher said:

1.What excites you the most about the VHL?

THE DRAFT 🔥

Do you have a specific team you would like to play for? Are you playing for that team now?

I want to play for whatever team wants me and values me , i will promise to always put that 130% effort no matter the role asked. Im ready to snipe n cellyy

Everyone has a pre-game ritual. What is yours?

secret...

Is there any music you listen to to pump you up for a game? Do you have a playlist?

EMINEM

If there was any other sport you could play what would it be?

Basketball

What's the worst hockey-related injury your player has endured?

Torn-ACL

• 3 weeks later...

Getting to win a cup hopefully.
    I'll play for anyone as this is my first run. I may pick a specific team with my 2nd run.
    Always wrap tape around my sticks from heel to toe starting exactly 45 minutes before the game starts. It has to be white tape and no one can tough the sticks after I tape them besides me.
    Rock music for sure. Halestorm. Pretty Reckless. Arctice Monkeys. etc.
    Football because there's a lot of hitting.
    He lost his 2 front teeth from a high stick.

With my second player now, I'm hoping to win some accolades this time around. Maybe even a chance at winning the cup.

For VHLM I currently don't have a favored team. When the day comes for the VHL draft, I'd hope to play for D.C again but I'm open to playing for any team really. 

Music in ears and just chilling. Best way to hype myself for a game.

Rap or some EDM. No specific playlist as I just go with the flow

Basketball. Would also be into soccer or volleyball too.

Dislocated finger. Wasn't anything too serious thankfully. 

What excites you the most about the VHL?

I look forward to the sims and being able to check in-depth replays.  Also, the off-season is filled with moves/trades/retirements etc.  Of course, I really enjoy the LR's that I have had the pleasure of being part.

Do you have a specific team you would like to play for? Are you playing for that team now?

At no time did I have a specific team that I desperately wanted to pla At this point I have been a member of three teams and each had their own rewards.  Currently I am with the Riga Reign, looking forward to Season 76 and beyond.y for. 

I am pretty boring when it comes to the pre-game stuff.  I mean, I need to eat sometime during the afternoon if it is a night game and get some rest.  Other than that, I do put on my right skate first, but tighten my left skate first.

Is there any music you listen to to pump you up for a game? Do you have a playlist?

As far as music is concerned, I am pretty eclectic.  As long as it is up tempo to get the adrenalin going I am good.  A playlist would necessitate a device to play it on.  Don't got one of those puppies....maybe next year.

I would enjoy soccer/football.  It is a high energy game that requires a large degree of teamwork.

I think Isau once had a hangnail that bothered him.

1. Becoming the best player that I can be!

2. No I don't. I will just be happy to be a part of any team that wants me. I am currently not on any team!

3. My pregame ritual is to put headphones in and just focus on what or how to win the game.

4. Yes I love Strange fruit music it is a playlist on spotify. Always gets me pumped up.

5. I would love to be a Curler. That sports has always fascinated me.

6. I had broken my arm back in Pee Wee hockey but that was years ago. I have been healthy ever since!

1. The community

2. No specifics

3. Listening to music

4. Sure do and Tom MacDonald is at the top

5. Baseball

6. Luckily I haven't had any

1. Definitely interacting with the community 

2. SD Marlins All Day

3. Music for sure

4. Avenged sevenfold or coheed and cambria. All day!

5. Baseball

6. puck to the eye

1. The Horny Police

2.Riga. Yeah

3.Take a massive dumb right before a game since that's a lot of unwanted weight and it gives me the rectal stimulation needed to be effective.

4.Yes, I have a dead rappers playlist that's pretty fire.

5.european handball

6.got molested on ice which led to anal bleeds.

1. I think watching my player develop

2. I love Saskatoon. It's a fantastic team

3. Listen to music

4. Not really. I like most music.

5. Soccer

6. Broken foot from blocking a shot in midget

• 1 month later...

The most exciting part of the VHL is the community that forms around a love of hockey. The ever changing teams, the friendships, the bonds... it's beautiful. 

I'm not playing for anyone at the moment, but playing for the San Diego Marlins was pretty LIT last season.

Swim around, scare some people, eat some fish.

Nothing gets me more pumped than some traditional Scottish bagpipe jams. Reminds me of home.

I would be a swimmer, but they often see players with fins as cheaters. 

I am a very THICC lady, but my neck is not as protected as the rest of my blubbery bod. The worst injury was a sprained neck after getting it caught in a neck hole.

I love hockey and it's nice to be a part of a community that love the same things as you do. I don't know much people here yet, but I hope i can meet some new guys and have some fun here ! 

1. Do you have a specific team you would like to play for? Are you playing for that team now?

Not at all, as long as the team want me and im in the plans, im fine with it.

1. Everyone has a pre-game ritual. What is yours?

Good old Eminem in my ears. 

1. Is there any music you listen to to pump you up for a game? Do you have a playlist?

Good old Eminem in my ears. I like some chill music too, some beat. 

1. If there was any other sport you could play what would it be?

Football no doubt. 

1. What's the worst hockey-related injury your player has endured?

The injury of getting destroyed in the first round of the playoff this season so far. 

On 12/26/2020 at 1:39 PM, thadthrasher said:

1. The aspect that I can make a career out of literally pressing a button that says "Create A Player".

2. Loved Las Vegas since February '20. Glad to be here. Although, I would like to venture out to Helsinki in the draft this weekend.

3. Tap my stick on the glass 14 times, then grab a puck and catch it 14 times.

4. 1st song off of each Metallica album.

5. Field hockey.

6. My GM hitting me in the head with a hockey stick after I was on the ice for a -.

Edited by Wolverine

On 12/26/2020 at 10:39 PM, thadthrasher said:

1.It's exciting to be a part of hockey community

2. I' d like to play under a leadership of Juice

3. I kiss teammates' sticks

4. I haven't got it yet

5 It would be swimming for sure

6. I almost broke my twist during the practice

What excites you the most about the VHL?

I love that it brings the best hockey talents around the world under one roof, so to speak. The quality of hockey here is humbling for a newcomer.

There are no specific teams, just looking for an opportunity anywhere. I am very open-minded and would be grateful for the chance to play anywhere.

I always eat chicken or pork chops with pasta and green vegetables before a nap. When I am at the rink, I tape my sticks first before doing anything else. Other than those two things I don't follow too many other rituals.

Disco! I jam out to Chic's Greatest Hits

I am from Italy, so my answer is predictably soccer

Broke my ring finger on my left hand blocking a shot. Healed quickly but would like for that not to happen again. Heard the bone snap when the puck hit my glove in just the wrong spot.

Winning the continental cup. Following team transactions.

No I would be content to play for any VHL team that selects my player.

3.Everyone has a pre-game ritual. What is yours?

I start my day with a giant cup of earl grey tea and then proceed to worship satan until puck drop.

4.Is there any music you listen to to pump you up for a game? Do you have a playlist?

Bruce Springsteen and Steve Earle. Random country playlist.

Baseball, I think I would make a good third baseman. My batting would be subpar I suspect.

ACL tear when he has 15, took over a year to return to normal.

Probably watching it evolve/change over time. Also watching more and more folks go from first gen to established members. It used to be so easy to follow but it's actually a nice thing to just get lost in "oh this persons super legit and I didn't even know it." 
    I'm not going to be overly particular with my player, that said there are a couple of VHL franchises I've never played for, some of them staple franchises. I don't believe I've played for either Helsinki or Davos yet for example, but the expansion teams who I haven't played for as well would always be fun. 
    A good meal and deep meditation. 
    No music. Music is for post game thought processing dependent on mood.
    Esports, League of Legends to be specific because as @Advantage and @Jericho have taught me anything it's that you can always dominate if you use the Butcher of the Sands. 
    Broken ego.
Edited by Devise

1. Nostalgia for the community that shaped my early 20s.

2. No specific team, currently undrafted.

3. Napping in the airport like my name is Brandon Cutler

4. Jurassic Express' entrance music.

5. Devise nailed it. Stacking those fatty waves top lane so I can go for a big ass tower dive.

6. Broken Pelvis from my vulgar and over the top victory celebration.

On 12/26/2020 at 1:39 PM, thadthrasher said:

1) I think it's an opportunity to play in a truly global hockey league which is super cool. I'm playing in Riga when three years ago I had never left Minnesota for hockey. Just a crazy feeling really, something I'd never have envisioned for myself but something I'm so happy to be a part of.

2) I've always really wanted to play in Switzerland so I guess it'd have been cool to play in Davos - but I'm not about to leave Riga any time soon. I love it here, love the group of guys and I think we have a really bright future.

3) I like to sleep in, get to the rink early. Really like to take a minute to it all in during warmup, get back in the locker room, listen to music and get ready to go. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

4) I don't have a specific playlist. I like most kinds of music - not really a fan of rap - but pretty much anything else and I'll kind of just cycle through a bunch of different things depending on my mood.

5) I played football and hockey until high school. I think I was a pretty good receiver growing up, so probably that.

6) I've had a few minor injuries during my hockey career but nothing super serious. I missed almost an entire season of high-school hockey with a torn ACL - was a football injury, but it was the worst one I've suffered.

1. I think what excites me the most is the learning process. Being new to it all i cant wait to get started and grow, love the people i have interacted with and i just hope to grow fast and play the best hockey i can!

2. Well in the beginning i could have cared less who i played for, i just wanted to play and earn my spot.. some of that stays with me now but being drafted by prague i just cant wait till i get called up and play for the boys.

3. My pre-game ritual usually consists of showing up to the game early.. taking first skate on the ice (all while listening to music) take a couple laps before ripping a couple shots before going back in, but only have i hit the top left, top right, and bar down center 3 times each in that order.

4. I usually have 2 playlists i rotate, one with more rap and hip hop (called my 'good vibes' playlist) and then i got my Rock music playlist, usually involves classic and some heavy rock. Depending my mood or whats on the line determines my music choice, my rock is to really pump me up and gets me going while my rap one is to just get me in the zone and focused in.

5. If i didnt play hockey it would football..

No hesitation.

6. The worst injury i have had was most probably when i broke my left arm in 3 places (1 bone completely broke while the other 2 were fractures). Got it done to me after some practice shenanigans lead to a really dumb idea, next thing i knew i took a bad fall that just snapped my arm, but it was in my early years and now its stronger than ever! 

The VHL is a little ways off for me but excited to test and hone my skills against the best of the best.

Especially in the M I am willing to go anywhere.  In terms of the VHL I am also pretty open but there is a place or 2 I don't want to play.

Getting good stretches in and listening to music.

I listen to a variety of music, but mostly rock and metal.  Not a specific playlist, just whatever feels right at the time.

Chess, I played in school and it was fun.

I'm a big guy who likes to throw my body around and sometimes people move out of the way before I hit them.  I've run into the boards pretty hard a few times and broken some bones that way.

1. The community, I love it here!

2. Not really, as I don't know much about the league. However, the teams that have reached out to me have been super cool, so I'd like to join any of them.

3. Brock Hampton taps the bottom of the stick against his right skate exactly 8 times.

4. Brock Hampton listens to... a lot of Brockhampton. They have good stuff! (This holds true for IRL me as well lol)

5. I love auto racing, so I'd love to drive an F1 car.

6. A major concussion that sidelined him for most of the season. 

I don't have a team, so I'll do these!

1. I really enjoy the community. Building a player and doing league stuff is fun. But interacting and getting to know new people is the best part of this league.

2. I would honestly play anywhere. I'm always excited to join a new franchise, or return to one I've played before. I have played on probably half of the teams, so it's a gamble either way.

3. Sleep, and coffee till game time.

4. Nickelback all day every day....

5. Likely Hard would be a Football player. Good size, aggression, and agility.

6. No injuries thankfully. Likely some concussions but nothing diagnosed..