Napoleon's Offseason

CptSquall

After the end to the Houston Bulls season, Napoleon knew they had lost. They lost the war. It was hard to take, sure they joined the team half way through the year, and sure they had their ups and downs with top players being traded. That does not mean they had any excuses to lose.....as far as Napoleon is concerned. Genghis would no doubt agree, guy never loses and would hate to be alive on the losing side. Alexander? Forget about it, probably drinking his face off in a rage right now. The leaning tower looms in a gloom in any room. Now it might seem irrational right? Team lost some defense to inactivity, had to trade a capped guy, brought in a backup goalie, dug up the dirt on another historical leader. All this just to miss out on the playoffs.

Napoleon went back to his home to do what he always does. mope. The often melancholy Emperor of France and now solid forward in the sport of hockey moped like a 12 year old. I mean when the world goes against you, sometimes depression is hard to fight. It does not take much either. To give it your all and have it not be enough? Do you accept the defeat? What would you do?

Nappy headed his way on out, where to none know.....maybe not even he yet. Pulling up in his town car to a row of unmarked brick buildings and stepping out. Great coat engulfing him as he comes to one of those unmarked cellar doors. A peaky slider opens, Napoleon Glares into it from the top of the stairs, before walking down them, the door unlocking once he does.
"Very funny Tower, could make ze short jokes about anybody else" The 5'6" Frenchman (Italian Corsican in reality) walked right passed the smoke room which held the poker, foosball, and billiards tables and headed straight toward the large room at the far side.  A small side room swallows him up, soon he returns in a tank top and powerlifter shorts? 

So then, dressed as a modern powerlifter, Nappy gets to work. First he stretches, then he runs some cardio on the treadmill. Before long he is working the weights. Arm curls, bench presses, hell you name it, he is doing it. Guy is going hard and not even bothering to stop for food. Day in, day out, training, working, running, pull ups, weights, laps in the pool in the clubhouse. EVERYTHING! Out on the ice? speed bag while skating so he has the strength to FLY around the ice. He comes back to the clubhouse? Time to work out. Once done, nothing but quick, easy food thrown together in order to quickly bulk up. Chicken Parms, roast chicken, BBQed salmon, steaks quickly grilled. You name it, he is eating, working, and going nuts. Too bad he is still 5'6" 😄 All the working out cannot fix being short compared to other athletes. 

What will Napoleon Bonaparte do? Find out next week on Napoleon's offseason

Word Count is 507

8/10

Fun article. I liked the fact that you added some historical facts in there, shows that VHL articles can be educational! I also liked the fact that Napoleon works out at a cellar gym and not in some corporate lamesies gym.

Picture(s) could bring some life into the article, but overall I enjoyed it!

Review: I love the historical relevance, it's great you and so many other guys made players like that. It's also fun to make their careers intertwine and use how the actual dudes would react. The spacing is good, and but I agree with the above post, some images would really be nice.

9/10

Review- very nicely written and I like the little back story model you picked and hopefully this progresses as it could be fun to read. Definitely appreciate your focused on being a better player even though your team was having a down year. That’s good to see and activity like this.9/10

I really enjoyed reading your article Nappy, you managed to put some clever humour in it and this is again a unique article from a war conqueror! Hopefully for you, next season you will get some playoff time and even a cup! Good luck in your draft and I will give you an 8/10 for your article!

• Head Moderator

Lol. I am a fan of Napoleon so I enjoyed the little twist you've done for him here. Injected a fun theme into the start of your off season. The content itself is fine. Just some retrospective insight parts for your player. A few capitalization errors in there I believe that you should watch out for and some run-on sentences.

Something to give some flavor to your writing in terms of format would be to color the quotations and speech bubbles separately. Not only does it make it stand out more as his "thoughts" but it just adds color to what would a lot of text. Some additional pictures utilizing Napoleon which can be googled around to emphasize his day to day would also be nice in terms of adding pizzaaz to the writing as well, something to keep note of for future articles.

6/10