Always a Marauder

Always a Marauder

Just like that Perry’s VHLM career is over…. To begin his first full season in the M and as a member of the Miami Marauders; Perry was thrust into a much larger role then his previous deployment. With expectations high, it was championship or bust for Miami. Although Miami’s season was up and down and very inconsistent; Perry’s was quite the contrary. Perry had a very solid season on the ice accumulating 36 goals, 42 assists and 78 points in 72 games which placed him third on the team in scoring. Underwhelming playoffs for Perry recording just 1 goal in 4 games before Miami was swept by San Diego in the first round; the championship hangover was real. The Marauders management and players including Perry are extremely disappointed in their playoff run; “this team is too talented top to bottom to not have gone farther than this, no excuses though San Diego wanted it more” Perry said. Despite losing a lot of their top end talent this offseason to the VHL Miami still has a very good base going forward with the likes of Phoenix Dawson @Toast, Matthew A Sovick JR @matt sovick, and Green Gaming @Lilpfigher to name a few. Most importantly they have General Manager Kris Rice @Ricer13 who will do anything to build a winner and Perry bets it will not be long before Miami is back on top; “Ricer is a top Gm in this league; he proved that last year and despite a down year his development of every one of his players behind the scenes is top notch and will continue to build stars year in and year out, he helped me a tone”

On the ice Perry had a successful year but more importantly he grew into a leader off the ice. Perry learned a lot of the ins and outs of the league this year and really enjoyed interacting with his teammates throughout the year, learning from the vets and doing what he can to do the same for newcomers. Perry was awarded the Lebastard Memorial Trophy this season given to the player who has shown true leadership throughout the season on and off the ice. “This is a tremendous honour and honestly nothing I even imagined winning. I just try to be a positive person in everyday life, and I hope I can continue to help others in my career”. The season is over for Miami and the last time Perry will be wearing the Marauders jersey has come and gone…. Although his future in London looks bright and all involved look super eager to get going, “London took a huge step this year and I cannot wait to get going, I am flying out there early before training camp to find a place and get to know the area, I have never been to London and I am just super excited to wear the United jersey” Perry said. The stamp the Marauders organization left on Perry is permanent and he will always be apart of their family. Something tells me he will be back sooner then later! Always a Marauder.

518 words

Review: Always gotta love the heartwarming end of season articles. Giving thanks and doing a little interview are nice touches. Spacing is good, and the bold title is great. I also like the analysis of the Marauders' next season. Great article.

9/10