What’s next for the VHL’s recruitment?

Prout

I’m just going to dive into this topic since I’ve thought about it for awhile and as the usual my disclaimer Is I’m not a blue, comish or a staff member at all within the community. Reason I put this is cause this article is only my own personal thoughts and opinions and that’s it so please don’t take these ideas as “official” or anything please 

ok now lets actually get on with my topic since I’ve covered my ass here. So let’s date this back to when I joined during the big recruitment drive on the ad of a popular hockey video game. My take is it was a good idea and i like how they did it. I personally think they could do maybe 1-2 more actual videos as the league continues to keep progressing numbers they way it’s been. I like to think maybe a bigger social media presence is going to start up? Maybe add some kind of VHL hash tags ? Use graphics and even to post what the community members posted I’m sure in a non biased way @gorlab work would be posted non stop. But I’d like to see more activity as a member on recruitment and also retaining those people. 

Now I’m going over recruitment and what not I’ve had some thoughts on retaining the new members that were recruited and to grab more interests within this league. I think we’ve done an amazing job as we do tons of cool things with each other weather it’s games/ movies/ vc/ charity streams (which I still can’t get over how awesome it went) maybe contests? We continue to grow and it’s been amazing from when I’ve started even till now. (I started like right after the video came out) as much I don’t admit it I am apart of that recruitment drive 

retaining new members should be more of a least worry cause we do have a great community here and even though I joke with these things the blues and staff do a amazing and wonderful job of keeping our leagues and community running and fun. I’ve enjoyed my time so far in the VHLM and the world juniors coming up as well the pro am tournament which is run by @Zetterberg and @PatrikLaine which they an amazing job with that and having help from others as well. I appreciate there hard work with it as it gains experience for new people for gm roles and adds to there resumes like WJC does for when a VHLM and VHL job comes up it looks genuine better with that experience in my opinion.

should new members worry about juniors or VHLM?  The answer is no. Juniors SHOULD ONLY HAPPEN if the VHLM teams are full rosters and there absolutely needs to be the juniors which will be bots and new players. The reason I’m saying this is I’ve seen at least one member say when they created they rather play juniors then join a VHLM team which again I think should be priority number one. Cause once the rosters are full we can worry about retaining members and keeping an eye on possibly the turn over rate and maybe look to improve it. I’d like to see what we can improve or others have to say on how to make this juniors idea better then it is. This system will really show how much more improvement is needed for retaining but I think it’d be a good learning curve for the staff and overall community on what we all could do better at

once ALL VHLM teams are full rosters without expansion should be juniors with bots. My added suggestion to this idea is not to let the new players know until VHLM teams have full rosters so there is no issues on them leaving or upset. The juniors should have rookie GM’s to get some experience and knowledge on the program and just overall league I think it’d be great to get that before the M and it’ll also help players and how to develop. This could really be truly a new create and development league that’ll make the VHLM have higher tpe players scattered more and toughen up the competitiveness season after season instead of its pattern currently. I think having full rosters and the juniors with the idea I have and possibly more added and planned it could really work and be better all around. 

The VHLM in my opinion cause use more “hype” as when playoffs are happening like now and possibly rivals it could add more things to post on social media which you can add a person or two to run with our recruitment team and see what works and doesn’t to get more users here that stay. I think the more active and showing the league off the better. I think having the affiliations and needs to add cricket to our list we could show all leagues were affiliated with to possibly gain other leagues members to want a second league or whatever. There’s lots of potential with what we can and can’t do as for recruitment and I see some holes there but I’m not behind scenes to know what’s all happening either so this could all been talked about and has been put out to the dumpster along side Davos @GustavMattias ;) 

but in conclusion last seasons recruiting did a good job with unlocked potential as what we can start to do even more or try for next year (calendar) and to see what other ideas and options are thought of. I like to hear opinions as always and feel free to let me know on discord or through forums messages if you don’t want to leave a public comment  i understand completely. 

this little article was not to throw any shade or talked down on the staff and recruitment team it’s just thoughts and opinions I’ve had in mind and that’s about it since I will get my two weeks from my rambles I appreciate the read and if I get feedback! 

And most importantly  thank you to staff staff and members on your hard work here and anything that’s contributed to what I’m posting! Cheers all 🍻

Edited by Prout

Review:

I found it very interesting to read your thoughts on the recruitment process and to also get a rundown of some of the things I have happened that I wasn't aware of. The article was a little bit rambly and could have used some fine-tuning in regards to punctuation and capitalization but it was a good read nontheless.

Grade: 8/10