Wrapping up 2020 ft. a ton of Reno

Blazzer

Wrapping up 2020 with a media spot. It's already 2021 in parts of Australia but it's fine. I need TPE for Howzat and EFL but shoutout to Howzat by the one and only Berocka!

2020 was crazy. School, VHL and life in general. It’s really just 3 things but the stress was crazy. Well, we should start off with the VHL right? The VHL popped into my life during one boring afternoon browsing through the Google Play Store. This odd app that I thought was some scoreboard for a real life league turned out to be one of the best things I came across this year. For real though, VHL is a real hockey league so someone is stealing here! I created a player but because I created during degen hours, no GM was available to send me offers. However! The amazing Rory and Sonnet appeared like a rare pokemon! I accepted a Hounds contract and it wasn’t bad. I started out pretty bad, not gonna lie here. Spartan knows this 100% and don’t you dare reveal it Spartan. My time here was spent making a lot of pretty dumb decisions like interviewing people.

Initially, I wasn’t sure if I would stick around. This whole concept was so foreign to me, sim leagues, hockey and a bunch of strangers that are so talkative in gen chat. Terrifying is the word. Don’t bother asking why, it’s a dumb reason. Things really turned around when I realised that I’m spending a lot of time on this thing hence I started job hunting! Few will know it took forever but it turned out well in the end so I can’t complain. For some odd reason, I also started blabbing a lot in gen chat and met a whole new world. WHOLE NEW WORLD! VC also became a thing I would sort of do during afternoons depending on who’s streaming.

VC all started when I was on vacation. Joined with Beaviss streaming CK3 and as always I was muted. I only unmuted when everyone left and it was only Beav left in there so he’s one of the first to have heard me talk! No prize for him but maybe I’ll get him some egg salad. This became a daily thing for a couple of weeks sometimes with CK3 and AC Valhalla which was pretty recent. I’m looking to get back to doing that but I don’t see it happening unfortunately. Everyone I’ve talked to in the VHL have been amazing. I can’t tag everyone because I don’t want to be a nuisance. But Reno, Spartan, jiggs, Gus, fishy, Quik, the degen crew, all 3 Aussies and many others that I can’t remember. Huge thanks to Cow for giving me my first job, Beav for letting me be an updater and Jeff for offering me the Chicago job. Everything is greatly appreciated.

There’s nothing much about school and life I guess. Life is boring as always with a partial lockdown right now but I’m looking forward to how school will go! 2021 will be full of stress, exams and maybe fun, who knows! Maybe even let Lee Xin earn welfare instead of writing articles like this as my schedule might be insane. I don’t know how Reno caps 12 TPE every week, like how?! That’s another 2021 goal of mine. Time management and focusing on studies. Count that as two goals, my bad...

My alternate bin chicken life has also been amazing. Many won’t know this I’m sure but the bin chicken life is awesome with my (I hope) best friend Reno. We’ve been chilling around Australia bins. But also we love bubble tea so that’s another reason to call Reno my best friend in the VHL. Reno, you’re gonna be my teacher so be ready HAHA. (Don’t worry, not gonna torture you) He also probably won’t read this, perfect!

I guess that wraps up 2020! What a year it has been for many of us. Everyone grew, learned and became stronger from the ups and downs we all went through! To those that are going through a rough patch, don’t worry. There’s always a rainbow after a storm, hang in there! Happy New Year everyone, enjoy the day and celebrate cause 2021 is coming!

Edited by Blazzer

19 minutes ago, Blazzer said:

He also probably won’t read this, perfect!

Joke's on you, I read all of the things! I like to consider us partners in crime when we're raiding the Aussie houses so no need to worry there.

I'm so pleased to hear you have had a nice time in the VHL with us weirdos. It really is a different world in our little Discord and I'm happy you've decided to stick around through thick and thin. Us healthcare people need to help one another out, and sometimes the best way to do that is just be present. :)

1 minute ago, Renomitsu said:

Joke's on you, I read all of the things! I like to consider us partners in crime when we're raiding the Aussie houses so no need to worry there.

I'm so pleased to hear you have had a nice time in the VHL with us weirdos. It really is a different world in our little Discord and I'm happy you've decided to stick around through thick and thin. Us healthcare people need to help one another out, and sometimes the best way to do that is just be present. :)

Gosh you're quick! Can't consider myself healthcare people yet but I'll get there 😉

3 hours ago, Garsh said:

It really says something about the community that one of the first people you encountered was @rory and yet you still stuck around.

I mean Dil is on the recruitment team