Conference Semi-Finals Games: 7

VHL Games

Holy shit let's go Chicago! :chi: :chi: :chi:

I think our team is really well set up for the future but I did not expect us to have this much success this early.  I'm thrilled.  Respect to Calgary, you guys were really good this season

Also do playoffs just feel more exciting post-expansion or is it just me?  Obviously I'm biased since we just won two series but the 10-team playoffs have been so much more interesting than I remember the 6-team playoffs ever being.

3 minutes ago, Quik said:

it's unfortunate, but sometimes it needs to happen. Chicago had a 2-0 lead wiped out by the re-sim too, but both Calgary and Moscow didn't have their proper lines. Mistakes happen, it was corrected the best it could be, it's just unfortunate that the only series that wasn't affected ended up getting affected. As for Devise, this was the first human error by him in literal years, iirc. He and Bek give up a ton of time and effort to sim these games and make the league go, I think we can afford them the rare mistake.

Thank you for your message. I respect your perspective and I have viewed you to be a level minded member of the admin team here. I did not know who the sim person was and dont actually have a problem with Devise. Please send me a PM as I want to bring attention to a different issue with the sim process. If you dont want to hear me ramble that is also ok. Thank you and happy new year sir.

16 minutes ago, Tape-to-Tape said:

Nobody is surprised you are supportive of resim’s. A guilty mind is very telling.

Resims have been the norm for a long time. It would be one thing if just slightly different lines were loaded, but to have a backup game in playoffs is akin to shifting the odds of winning by like 30%. That's substantial enough that the original results mean nothing at the end of the day.

The most unfortunate part is what happened in our series, where the lines were correct from day 1 but we had to get dragged into the resim regardless

3 hours ago, Enorama said:

Resims have been the norm for a long time. It would be one thing if just slightly different lines were loaded, but to have a backup game in playoffs is akin to shifting the odds of winning by like 30%. That's substantial enough that the original results mean nothing at the end of the day.

The most unfortunate part is what happened in our series, where the lines were correct from day 1 but we had to get dragged into the resim regardless

Lol I remember when I was in mexico. We had our backup for the first two games in the playoff and they didn't gave a fuck about it. Its just different for the VHL

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

Lol I remember when I was in mexico. We had our backup for the first two games in the playoff and they didn't gave a fuck about it. Its just different for the VHL

Was that a simmer error or a GM error? If a GM makes a mistake in their lines that’s on them. If the simmer screws up that’s a different story.

Man i wish i was as perfect as Tape to tape, and Iammoose. Cuz those guys have lived their entire lives never making a human error. Its really impressive honestly.

Congrats to those teams moving on, and those who lost not being salty about things like human error. Best of luck to those continuing their runs. 

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Man i wish i was as perfect as Tape to tape, and Iammoose. Cuz those guys have lived their entire lives never making a human error. Its really impressive honestly.

Congrats to those teams moving on, and those who lost not being salty about things like human error. Best of luck to those continuing their runs. 

Moose was pretty tame in here tbh

40 minutes ago, Tape-to-Tape said:

Nobody is surprised you are supportive of resim’s. A guilty mind is very telling.

My man, we literally had a backup goalie play a game. How would you have felt if you got dropped by an outside error and then your replacement posted a sub .800 sv%? 

That being said, hell of a series. Good luck with the rest of your career 🍻 you got us last season, we got you this season, it's just how it goes

• Commissioner
Just now, Jtv123 said:

I don't remember. It happened way back in S66, I was chilling back then and didn't really cared 'cuz we only had 5 active members on the team lol

Even numbered season which means I was doing the VHL, excellent. Was afraid it was my fault haha

WOW.... 

Very close series Calgary. You guys are undoubtedly a good team. I was shook after game 6 and thought the 3-1 curse was coming in hot.... I'm sorry that you got washed away by the monstrous aura of CHI.  Great series though, thank you for that.

@Enorama I been waiting to run into you in the playoffs....

DC

GOTTA

DIE!!!!!!!!!!

• Commissioner

There’s now a 75% chance a team that has never won the cup takes it this season. Additionally there’s a 50% chance a team that has never even made the finals before this season takes it. Those are cool numbers for the sake of history but as I play in Moscow... fuck your history I want my cup.