One for the Road?

CowboyinAmerica

Lance Flowers' Career Isn't Over Yet

Washington, D.C. -- Lance Flowers has had his fair share of individual success in his eight season career, but often, it hasn't translated to actual winning in the playoffs. In fact, coming into this season, he had only actually reached the conference finals once: Season 72, where his New York Americans would fall to the Wranglers in 7 games. This season looked to be much of the same, as his third-seeded Dragons fell behind 3-2 to Vancouver in the first round. But after two straight OT wins, the Dragons pulled a rabbit out of a hat, and Flowers will be seeing his second ever conference final.

"Especially with it being not only my last season, but the last season of Valentino, Johnson and other guys on this team - it feels good to move on," Flowers told the press after Game 7. "Vancouver's young, they'll be back. This could very well be our last shot, and I'm happy we'll get the shot."

The Dragons still haven't made the finals in their eight years of existence, but this season could be their best ever shot. After a number of other upsets in the first round, the Dragons actually have the most regular season points of any of the four teams remaining. But Flowers wouldn't call them the favorites - on the flip side, he pointed to the recent play of the Chicago Phoenix team he'll face in the next round, after those Phoenix swept Seattle then took down the top seeded Wranglers.

"They're just as hungry as we are, they're going to be tough to beat," Flowers said. "But even though we might not have the playoff experience, we have the overall playing experience advantage here. I'm hoping that's a factor in our favor. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get to my first finals in my final season."