This season for Riga (plus shoutouts for our players and prospects)

hedgehog337

Some members are writing about their 2020 here, but I won't do that. Mainly because there was nothing out of ordinary things that happened with me last year. Even with C-19 thing. I still have a job, place to live and I had a fun summer. So instead of that I'm just gonna do more boring stuff and type something about Riga Reign's S75 because this was an interesting one. I'll name stuff that I liked in this season and what not really.

- 29 wins. A pleasant surprise. We didn't have a hell of a roster and most likely we were expected to score less wins. But our players did everything to not make us the pushovers. We managed to perhaps being the most annoying team for most of contenders. Especially to Prague, Davos and Warsaw. And I believe we won Chicago more than once and yet they are three wins away from the finals. Big lmao at STHS.

- Trade for Calvin Harvey. One of main reasons why we did decently this season was the player who wasn't getting a lot of chances in his previous team, Helsinki Titans. Nobody else wanted him so I managed to get him for a cheap price which was certainly a win for me. I mean, Klamasteris is two seasons younger and I'm also capping at 12 TPE, but Harvey gives us way more chances to get out of the rebuild phase ASAP. And also he had some neat games this season, including a 70 save game in a win against Warsaw. 100% positive moment for our team.

- Extending Harvey and Rocket. Another positive news came during the playoffs. Calvin Harvey made our life more exciting so I was very interested to keep him in Riga. The same level of excitement came from him in our extension talks and as the result he signed with us for 5 more seasons! Our goaltending is now locked for the long time. As for Rocket, things were more difficult out there. And not because of player himself - we were about to welcome six wingers from minors next season which made things a bit tense for me. However, Cabe McJake decided to switch to a center so it opened a spot for another one and I reached up to Rocket with the extension offer. He was cool with it so here we go, two more seasons of Rocket in Riga! I do plan to make at least one extension later in the offseason by the way.

- The reborn of forum locker room. I don't know how long this will last, but this season was a total success. We managed to reach 17 pages as of this moment and while this may be far from the best results VHL[M] forum lockers were producing back in the day; I'd say I was pleased with the activity in Riga LR. Big credit goes to @Eynhallow for making this happen.

- The overall excitement about our future. I had to give back some S76 picks for making this happen, but I'm happy with the result. Nearly everyone is active an earning from 6 to 13 TPE weekly (plus some uncapped opportunities) and even one of rare inactives Hi Hello appeared to be a multi. We are about to have a nice deep roster with three full lines consisting of 320-450 TPE guys even before the season starts. Also, Zetterstrom and Thunder at D with Carter and McBighit coming up later. *Excited hedgehog noises*

- Not making the playoffs. Literally the only negative from this season. Our playoff appearances record was officially over this season and it's kinda boring to not play in the post season. But hey, sacrifises need to be made for the bright future rather than dragging our contention window with the previous players just to perhaps becoming a mediocrity.

As you can see, despite being a rebuilding team I'm finding this season having way more positives than negatives. Contending season after season is cool obviously, but sometimes I need a change of scenery and prove that I actually can make a nice rebuild as well. Makes my GM job more fun to be honest.

At the end of this article I'd like to say thanks to every single Riga player and prospect for willing to grind for TPE week after week, even in holiday season. I believe we will have a very bright future and longterm contention window and you will be the reason why this is going to be possible! See you in S76/77.

There goes all of them shoutouts:

Our prospects: @RedSus @Eynhallow @tcookie @Dolant @youloser1337@Hoopydog @Matt thunder @SimmerDown99 @jaredc7 @Eddie Dams @linsangeles @Ledge_and_Dairy @Nikdandrea34 @coochiman @monttu @matt sovick @emidas

Our retiring players: @Tyler @Liberty_Cabbage @cartoes

Our current players: @Mrpenguin30 @turkey2349 @Rocket @GoldGear88 @Hops @Zyrok @PuckPushers

Even our inactives: @pennypenny @SDCore

That's it and I'm out.

I really gotta take care of my memory since it's fumbling hard as of late. Like how could I forget @Domino Draws smfh

19 minutes ago, Matt thunder said:

Ready to show what I am capable of in the vhl  to help Riga 

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, Mrpenguin30 said:

420/10 would read again. This is good. This is wholesome. Doge would approve.

tenor.gif?itemid=5352485

11 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

@jaredc7 Buffbull Carter will bring alot of horny and cuddles to Riga.  That should be a fun day for everyone

from now on @GustavMattias is not allowed to visit this thread.

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

Some members are writing about their 2020 here, but I won't do that. Mainly because there was nothing out of ordinary things that happened with me last year. Even with C-19 thing. I still have a job, place to live and I had a fun summer. So instead of that I'm just gonna do more boring stuff and type something about Riga Reign's S75 because this was an interesting one. I'll name stuff that I liked in this season and what not really.

- 29 wins. A pleasant surprise. We didn't have a hell of a roster and most likely we were expected to score less wins. But our players did everything to not make us the pushovers. We managed to perhaps being the most annoying team for most of contenders. Especially to Prague, Davos and Warsaw. And I believe we won Chicago more than once and yet they are three wins away from the finals. Big lmao at STHS.

- Trade for Calvin Harvey. One of main reasons why we did decently this season was the player who wasn't getting a lot of chances in his previous team, Helsinki Titans. Nobody else wanted him so I managed to get him for a cheap price which was certainly a win for me. I mean, Klamasteris is two seasons younger and I'm also capping at 12 TPE, but Harvey gives us way more chances to get out of the rebuild phase ASAP. And also he had some neat games this season, including a 70 save game in a win against Warsaw. 100% positive moment for our team.

- Extending Harvey and Rocket. Another positive news came during the playoffs. Calvin Harvey made our life more exciting so I was very interested to keep him in Riga. The same level of excitement came from him in our extension talks and as the result he signed with us for 5 more seasons! Our goaltending is now locked for the long time. As for Rocket, things were more difficult out there. And not because of player himself - we were about to welcome six wingers from minors next season which made things a bit tense for me. However, Cabe McJake decided to switch to a center so it opened a spot for another one and I reached up to Rocket with the extension offer. He was cool with it so here we go, two more seasons of Rocket in Riga! I do plan to make at least one extension later in the offseason by the way.

- The reborn of forum locker room. I don't know how long this will last, but this season was a total success. We managed to reach 17 pages as of this moment and while this may be far from the best results VHL[M] forum lockers were producing back in the day; I'd say I was pleased with the activity in Riga LR. Big credit goes to @Eynhallow for making this happen.

- The overall excitement about our future. I had to give back some S76 picks for making this happen, but I'm happy with the result. Nearly everyone is active an earning from 6 to 13 TPE weekly (plus some uncapped opportunities) and even one of rare inactives Hi Hello appeared to be a multi. We are about to have a nice deep roster with three full lines consisting of 320-450 TPE guys even before the season starts. Also, Zetterstrom and Thunder at D with Carter and McBighit coming up later. *Excited hedgehog noises*

- Not making the playoffs. Literally the only negative from this season. Our playoff appearances record was officially over this season and it's kinda boring to not play in the post season. But hey, sacrifises need to be made for the bright future rather than dragging our contention window with the previous players just to perhaps becoming a mediocrity.

As you can see, despite being a rebuilding team I'm finding this season having way more positives than negatives. Contending season after season is cool obviously, but sometimes I need a change of scenery and prove that I actually can make a nice rebuild as well. Makes my GM job more fun to be honest.

At the end of this article I'd like to say thanks to every single Riga player and prospect for willing to grind for TPE week after week, even in holiday season. I believe we will have a very bright future and longterm contention window and you will be the reason why this is going to be possible! See you in S76/77.

There goes all of them shoutouts:

Our prospects: @RedSus @Eynhallow @tcookie @Dolant @youloser1337@Hoopydog @Matt thunder @SimmerDown99 @jaredc7 @Eddie Dams @linsangeles @Ledge_and_Dairy @Nikdandrea34 @coochiman @monttu @matt sovick @emidas

Our retiring players: @Tyler @Liberty_Cabbage @cartoes

Our current players: @Mrpenguin30 @turkey2349 @Rocket @GoldGear88 @Hops @Zyrok @PuckPushers

Even our inactives: @pennypenny @SDCore

That's it and I'm out.

I'll help ya out lad's