Caitlyn Catowize Scouting Report

To: General Manager Enorama

Scouting report: Philadelphia Reapers VHLM team

Target: Caitlyn Catowize (Cat o veet zay)

Strengths:

Defensive genius for a forward, always knows how to be in the right place at the right time, always willing to throw her body in front of the puck when a defender is rearing back for a slapshot. Poke check is absolutely on point, almost never misses one and gets caught for tripping.

Speed freak. Absolutely races around the rink, faster than most other forwards in the VHLM. Could be faster still but it is my understanding that her team has diverted her from her training there and asked her to slow it down for the sake of keeping her onside. Potential here is blue chip.

Has a fabulous wrist shot. She didn’t score much this last season with it, most of her playing time coming on the penalty kill unit, but she absolutely has the ability to be a scorer if she gets a chance to develop. The raw talent is there, she just needs some work on consistency.

Hip Check. Surprisingly for her small frame she can launch herself into anyone who tries to bypass her along the boards. Opposing players have learned to go inside rather than outside when going past her, so as not to get pinched and checked into the boards.

Work Ethic. She’s a real workaholic. Always spending the time in the gym required to get better. Not quite a first in last out player, but definitely does what it takes to keep improving.

Weaknesses:

Slapshot is weak. She just cannot muster the power behind it to be top tier here. She’ll never compete for a top tier slapshot in my view.

Open Ice Checking. While she can poke check, and hip check very well, she cannot hit an opponent on the open ice for anything. She is just too undersized for it to mean anything to most opponents even if she did.

Passing is weaker than it should be. While not absolutely terrible at this, her passing certainly leaves something to be desired.

Overall:

I rate this prospect rather highly. Her lack of scoring can largely be attributed to her playing time mostly coming on penalty killing minutes. Her overall fitness is incredible and I believe her upside is absolutely top level. If she is available for us in the range of picks 6-12 I believe she would be a valuable asset to add to the team.

End of report.

415 Words