S75 LVA End of Season Progress Report

JigglyGumballs

So hey! The long awaited follow up to this progress report is finally here!! It took me a while and a lot of procrastination but it's finally here!! A couple of things I wanna say before we get to it, this progress report will include not only regular season stats, but postseason stats as well. Another thing I would like to note is that there are some new additions to this team, and there are also people who have left this team. I won't be covering those who left the team, and for the later additions, I'll cover their overall stats in general instead of covering what they did in LVA. Mostly because I'm lazy. Finally all the (+10)s and all that is basically the amount of TPE earned since the last progress report. And because the later additions were never acquired since that last report, they won't have any of those. Anyways, let's get on with it!!

:veg: C - Its Gucci, TPE: 352 (+98) @frescoelmo

72GP, 19G, 53A, 72P, +6 

Playoffs: 12GP, 2G, 7A, 9P, -1

So to start things off, let us begin with Gucci himself. Gucci has been nothing but consistent in his role as Vegas’s number 1 center ever since the beginning of last season. As the number 1 center, he put up a very respectable 72 points in 72 games with an outstanding 53 assists to his name despite having a scoring build. He’s met every expectation I’ve had and I was never once disappointed with his production. This playmaking style along with 79 hits despite having applied no TPE to checking makes Gucci a formidable rookie moving into the VHL. Sadly, he’s stuck in LA so you already know that things aren’t looking too bright for this star.

:veg: D - Matt Thunder, TPE: 340 (+86) @Matt thunder

72GP, 16G, 51A, 67P, +10 

Playoffs: 12GP, 4G, 7A, 11P, +3

Next off is our resident Frenchie in Matt Thunder. Comparing his current stats to last season’s stats, Thunder has improved in almost every single major category. Improvements to goals, assists, points, shots blocked, hits, and the most important stat to have a bigger number on, penalty minutes. He may not have had exceptional over a point per game stats but to me, that’s to be expected. I knew this season Vegas was going to be a more defensively stacked team. Until @Spartan traded picks and players for 200+ TPE forwards. Even then 67 points as a defenseman is still very solid. Thunder’s success has to do with his consistent earning. A max earning clicker, who’s actually written a media spot as of late, has been earning a lot each week and is consistent in maintaining his activity. A great player for Riga if they ever have room.

:veg: D - Chase Crosby, TPE: 267 (+24) @Wreckening

72GP, 8G, 37A, 45P, -8 

Playoffs: 12GP, 2G, 2A, 4P, -2

While others rise and achieve much success, others may not be as fortunate. That’s the case with Chase Crosby. Despite a respectable 45 points in 72 games, and a good 95 shots blocked, Crosby has since fallen silent as he hasn’t updated this whole week as of writing. Crosby has always been consistent as a clicker, simply adding welfare and practice facility each week for a slow, but again consistent earning pace. Plus there is the occasional press conference as well. Hopefully he doesn’t go full inactive and becomes a good player for Riga as he moves onto the VHL.

:veg: D - Linus Zetterstrom, TPE: 367 (+128) @Ledge_and_Dairy

72GP, 8G, 44A, 52P, -1 

Playoffs: 12GP, 2G, 10A, 12P, +4

The Team World gold medalist Linus Zetterstrom has been nothing but exceptional for Vegas.  This promising first-gen has blossomed into one of this league's more respectable members. Well to me at least. 80 hits and 83 shots blocked added along with his 52 points, this pass first defenseman will be an excellent addition to Riga. I have listed playoff stats despite never talking about them until now mostly because I’d rather forget the playoffs. However, Zetterstrom has provided LVA a bright spot in that rather poor postseason as he put up an outstanding 12 points in  12 games along with a +4 rating. I’m honestly gonna miss him in Vegas. He’s already shown great promise in the management scene as well. Pulling off a silver medal in this season’s WJC with Europe as his first stint in the GM/AGM scene. Sadly though I had a prophecy to fulfill so kinda robbed him from gold. Not sorry about that.

:veg: RW - Artair McCloud, TPE: 351 (+121) @Hoopydog

72GP, 28G, 20A, 48P, -5 

Playoffs: 12GP, 4G, 6A, 10P, -2

Despite having smashed previous season records, McCloud has not had the offensive production I expected out of him. Though it isn’t without effort. A whopping 227 shots from McCloud. The reasoning as to why he wasn’t as offensively productive was simply because he ran out of luck. STHS had struck him down for no other reason than Simon’s a bitch. Apart from that, McCloud has maintained his max earning ever since he came into Vegas as a 4th rounder. Now that’s what you call a draft steal. He’s another person who I’ll genuinely miss having in LVA as I still remember scouting him in my first season as an AGM. Wish you the best of luck in the VHL and especially against Moscow as Spartan might be headhunting vegas alum to bully.

:veg: D - Joakim Lund, TPE: 218 (+12) @Bouncyelf

72GP, 6G, 10A, 16P, 0+/- 

Playoffs: 12GP, 1G, 2A, 3P, -6

Joakim Lund is an odd one to me. He has a total of 290 VHLM games played, and yes that’s VHLM not VHL. Heck he’s not even at the VHL cap yet. He’s still going to probably play one season here in Vegas until he finally moves up to the VHL. I guess Prague is really patient with him. I swear he’s broken some kind of franchise record for games played as I’ve never seen any other LVA player who’s stayed here for as long as he has. Anyways, after a week of no updating, he’s since gone back to his clicker ways. The simple easy task of welfare and practice facility. His stats don’t surprise me too much. He has a very defensive minded build and that shows with his 186 hits and 72 shots blocked. So I guess I’ll see you next season then?

:veg: RW - Kelly Power, TPE: 242 (+38) @Nordin

72GP, 21G, 17A, 38P, +15 

Playoffs: 12GP, 4G, 4A, 8P, -6

Although I expected much less offensive production from LVA to start the season with the more stacked defensive core, I was expecting top 6 talent to at least hit 40-50 points. That wasn’t the case for the Irishman. Though when one aspect of his game was struggling, he found another part of his game where he could shine. Power, as his surname suggests, is a dominant physical force. An insane 251 hits this season. Unfortunately though, Power has since gone inactive. Not really because he’s lost interest in the league though. I’ve heard that Power has had some personal life stuff and has since taken a break from both the VHL and EFL. I honestly wish you the best of luck in the future and hope you do return.

:veg: RW - Connor Sim, TPE: 285 (+93) @SimmerDown99

72GP, 30G, 25A, 55P, -1 

Playoffs: 12GP, 4G, 9A, 13P, +4

I’ve mentioned time and time before that Sim is a bonafide draft steal. From being a 100+ TPE forward on the bottom 6 to top line talent. His 93 TPE growth from the last report says a lot about this guy. Consistent high earning and has been nothing but excellent for Vegas. Sure his points in the regular season may not show it, but this guy’s playoff stats is another one of those bright spots from an otherwise poor playoff performance as a team. An outstanding 13 points in 12 playoff games, with 9 assists and a +4 rating. He’ll make a good player in... Riga again. Jesus Christ how many former LVA players does Riga even have?

:veg: LW - Angel Wachuire, TPE: 206 (+26) @inflastud

72GP, 29P, 33A, 62P, +16 

Playoffs: 12GP, 0G, 4A, 4P, -6

Despite being an offensive force during the regular season, Wachuire failed to produce in the playoffs. Only 4 assists in 12 games with a -6 rating. Coupled with highly inconsistent TPE earning, I find Angel Wachuire’s future uncertain. He has a good build, yet he’s going to become inactive if he doesn’t update soon. His last update being week ending Dec 20th. Though if he does update soon, he’ll be once again staying down another season here with Vegas. I tend to forget that he’s heading into his 4th season as an Ace which is damn surprising. Maybe he and Lund can compete for the franchise record for most games played.

:veg: D - Breeze Ladrian, TPE: 253 (+84) @Kelsier

72GP, 3G, 40A, 43P, +16 

Playoffs: 12GP, 0G, 1A, 1P, -3

Breeze Ladrian has quietly earned his way to surpass the VHLM cap of 250 TPE. I honestly thought he was going to stay a bit longer, but nonetheless I’m happy with his growth. A rather solid 43 points and a great +16 rating despite a good chunk of the team being minus players shows a good balance of offense and defense. A pretty good two-way style of play. Though with only 1 assist in the postseason, it’s rather unfortunate that he wasn’t able to translate his offensive stats into the playoffs. Otherwise I really don’t have anything else to say other than I wish you the best of luck in Moscow!

:veg: G - Thadius Sales, TPE: 385 @thadthrasher

68GP, 38W, 25L, 3OTL, .89SV%, 2.85 GAA

Playoffs: 12GP, 5W, 7L, 0OTL, .853SV%, 3.98GAA

The first new player from the last progress report, Thad was acquired in a trade that sent former LVA starter, Matthew A Sovick Jr @matt sovick to Miami. How did Thad do as the new starter? Well it wasn’t much of a change apparently. Comparing the stats Sovick had in LVA to Sales, Thad only has slightly better numbers than Sovick. Postseason performance? Well let's not talk about that. That can go die in a hole. Thad has had amazing growth since coming to the VHL. Becoming San Diego’s new GM in a matter of months. Heck I was in the VHL before Thad was and he’s already a GM. Skipping through the process of having no rights. This just goes to show what kind of a person Thad is. His stint here in Vegas is short, but I’ll miss him.

:veg: C - Evgeni Shevkov, TPE: 212 (+62) @Syzygy

72GP, 6G, 13A, 19P, +9 

Playoffs: 12GP, 0G, 0A, 0P, -2

Another player who’s quietly earned his way to the 200+ TPE mark, Shevkov has broken his point totals from last season yes, but just barely. With more games as well. It’s nothing with his build, but he was playing 4th line minutes by the end of the season as Hex Rose casually overtook his spot in the no. 3 center position with his obscene amount of first-gen enthusiasm. Nevertheless, Shevkov is expected to take over as the new no. 1 center next season, and along with his consistent clicker earning, he is expected to provide much needed offense on what looks like a potential rebuilding season. Keep up the good work!

:veg: RW - Andy Nexber, TPE: 233 (+95) @Domino Draws

72GP, 15G, 13A, 28P, +11 

Playoffs: 12GP, 1G, 0A, 1P, -2

What’s this? A 200+ TPE forward that only has 28 points? What’s up with that? Well uh… Vegas went all in this season by the trade deadline. Acquiring wingers like Sheldon Juniper and Dan Dan. Forcing Andy Nexber to take a little bit of a backseat. His build is pretty good despite having a few TPE placed on rather useless stats like penalty shot, however Nexber is finally going to have the spotlight here in Vegas if he decides to stay. As he’s projected to become the new number 1 winger for this team. Sure it doesn’t look like Vegas might be as competitive as it has been the last few seasons, but hopefully this is where Nexber finally breaks out.

:veg: G - Aksu Maronen, TPE: 212 (+89) @aksuko

14GP, 5W, 1L, 0OTL, .871SV%, 2.82GAA

Playoffs: 4GP, 0W, 0L, 0OTL, .929SV%, 3.04GAA

Okay I think I might’ve lost track on my own team’s earning with my busy ass life, but Maronen is ANOTHER one of those players who quietly earned his way to the 200+ TPE range. And as a backup as well. His most notable performance this season has been in the playoffs as he’s come in relief of Thadius Sales in 4 playoff games. Putting up an impressive .929SV%. However he also had a 3.04GAA during those games as well. Nevertheless, Maronen is expected to become next season’s starting goalie for Vegas as he is out to prove the teams that missed him out in the VHL draft wrong. Keep up the good work!

:veg: D - Vincent Correll, TPE: 125 (+23) @correllvincent

72GP, 0G, 15A, 15P, +10 

Playoffs: 12GP, 0G, 1A, 1P, -6

The thing about us humans is that we make mistakes. We often find ourselves making a few wrong choices every now and then. It appears like I may have made a mistake here with Correll. When I was scouting him, I liked his response and I had a genuine feeling that he may be the next Linus Zetterstrom in a way. Come the first progress report in which this is a followup to, I had doubts about his activity. Now he’s nearly considered inactive. He really should’ve been closer to the 180 TPE mark this season, however with a growth of 23 TPE since the last report, it seems he may not find himself in a team soon if he doesn’t update. He can still prove me wrong though. Actually, it’d be better if he did prove me wrong. Hopefully that can be the case.

:veg: C - Hex Rose, TPE: 257 (+137) @Hex Universe

72GP, 15G, 24A, 39P, +15 

Playoffs: 12GP, 2G, 3A, 5P, -7

I honestly wonder if Hex has a twitch channel. Because he’s damn good at speedrunning through the VHLM as a first-gen. He’s had the biggest amount of TPE growth out of the ENTIRE fucking team as a first-gen who just joined in November. I’m honestly impressed. The man’s had a great amount of enthusiasm to max earn since the very start. And now he’s a member of the death trap known as the VSN and is now on his way to become a force to be reckoned with in Seattle. His stint was also short in Vegas, but I’ll always enjoy your enthusiasm for the VHL. Now just don’t take my job pls.

:veg: RW - Dan Dan, TPE: 368 @MMFLEX

73GP, 40G, 43A, 83P, +5 

Playoffs: 12GP, 3G, 5A, 8P, -2

Now to finish off the progress report, we’ve got our new additions to the team that were added sometime after the initial progress report. We’ve already covered Thadius Sales so let’s move onto Dan Dan. He, along with Jordan Tate, was acquired in a blockbuster deal with Mississauga. Which ended up having him play 73 regular season games apparently. Dan Dan is an offensive powerhouse. Greatly helping Vegas during the rest of the regular season. An exceptional 83 points in 73 games, with 40 goals to boast. Playoffs wise he did really well with 8 points. The -2 is a bit of a concern though. His stint in Vegas was short, but he sure as hell made an impact

:veg: C - Jordan Tate, TPE: 278 @Aye my name jeff

73GP, 28G, 45A, 73P, -5 

Playoffs: 12GP, 6G, 8A, 14P, +4

Dan Dan’s teammate from Mississauga, Tate is another offensive powerhouse that came into Vegas and provided much needed offense to the team. With 73 points, 45 assists in 73 games, Tate can score. Though what made him truly shine as an Ace is during the postseason. Putting up an amazing 14 points in 12 games. Heck he led the Aces in playoff points. A prospect of Chicago, his earning hasn’t been as consistent as it was previously, though I still expect him to become a solid addition to Chicago in the future.

:veg: LW - Sheldon Juniper, TPE: 346 @fyrefly

72GP, 33G, 34A, 67P -1 

Playoffs: 12GP, 5G, 5A, 10P, +4

The last player to be acquired via trade, Sheldon Juniper is an acquisition that honestly might get glossed over simply because of Dan Dan and Jordan Tate. His 33 goals, 34 assists in 72 games is still very solid numbers. He’s another one of those players who was a key contributor in the postseason. Amassing 10 points in 12 games along with a +4 rating. I know we haven’t talked much mostly because you don’t have discord, or at least I don’t think you do, but I wish you the best of luck in the VHL!

:veg: LW - Shaggy Tipton, TPE: 125 @Jakefufu

37GP, 1G, 1A, 2P, 0+/- 

Playoffs, 12GP, 0G, 0A, 0P, -2

And last but not least, we got our other waiver acquisition in Shaggy Tipton. Having only played 37 games and put up 2 points, Tipton joined late this season, though with his solid consistent earning (despite missing a week), he should still be a good acquisition to any team that drafts him in both the VHL and VHLM. I expect him to properly break out next season. So keep up the good work and hopefully we can draft you back this upcoming draft!

Well that's that. I'm sorry this took so long, my life has been busy as of late, but hey I still got the report in the end so it's all good right? I'm probably going to have to make a new one in a couple of weeks so I'm probably fucked. Nevertheless I hope you guys do enjoy the article and hopefully I didn't miss anyone/anything out.

(3035 words... Welp I'm fucked)

16 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

:veg: C - Hex Rose, TPE: 257 (+137) @Hex Universe

72GP, 15G, 24A, 39P, +15 

Playoffs: 12GP, 2G, 3A, 5P, -7

I honestly wonder if Hex has a twitch channel. Because he’s damn good at speedrunning through the VHLM as a first-gen. He’s had the biggest amount of TPE growth out of the ENTIRE fucking team as a first-gen who just joined in November. I’m honestly impressed. The man’s had a great amount of enthusiasm to max earn since the very start. And now he’s a member of the death trap known as the VSN and is now on his way to become a force to be reckoned with in Seattle. His stint was also short in Vegas, but I’ll always enjoy your enthusiasm for the VHL. Now just don’t take my job pls.

This is such a perfect summary of my time in Las Vegas. Crazy that I was the top earner though. Also no promises~

On 1/16/2021 at 8:47 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

Despite being an offensive force during the regular season, Wachuire failed to produce in the playoffs. Only 4 assists in 12 games with a -6 rating. Coupled with highly inconsistent TPE earning, I find Angel Wachuire’s future uncertain. He has a good build, yet he’s going to become inactive if he doesn’t update soon. His last update being week ending Dec 20th. Though if he does update soon, he’ll be once again staying down another season here with Vegas. I tend to forget that he’s heading into his 4th season as an Ace which is damn surprising. Maybe he and Lund can compete for the franchise record for most games played.

mean