Halifax

diamond_ace

A few people have already heard about what is going on here, so allow me to get out in front of things:

Due to multiple things over the course of several seasons, and having been warned in the past and having been on the receiving end of violations, enough has added up that we have decided to remove @Dil from the role of Halifax GM. Understandably, this is a severe move with only limited precedent, and it's particularly harsher than might have been expected, but it's added up over time to such a point that for the sake of the Halifax team and those associated, it was seen as the necessary move to make at this time.

*NOTE: Dil himself has received a bit more in depth explanation on the matter, but I would request that the main details remain among only the relevant parties. Dil is the one who needed to hear it, and he has. He was owed as much out of respect for his time served in the role.

Effective immediately, as it is the busiest time of the season for VHLM GMs and it's simpler under the circumstances to give the team to an individual already intimately familiar with the workings of the VHLM (and he was among a select pool of qualified candidates anyway, making this part of the decision much easier than the decision to remove in the first place): @rory will be taking over as Halifax GM.

Again, this is not a step we take lightly, so please treat this situation with the seriousness it deserves - it's going to be hard on a lot of people, especially Dil himself.

It obviously sucks to take over from someone who has been such an influence to both me, and the entire league. I have a lot of respect for Dil and his dedication to the league and to Halifax. Talking with Dil in discord has been one of the highlights of my time in the VHL and I was honestly sad when the charity drive was as successful (?) as it was. 

I hope I can be half the GM Dil was. 

7 minutes ago, rory said:

It obviously sucks to take over from someone who has been such an influence to both me, and the entire league. I have a lot of respect for Dil and his dedication to the league and to Halifax. Talking with Dil in discord has been one of the highlights of my time in the VHL and I was honestly sad when the charity drive was as successful (?) as it was. 

I hope I can be half the GM Dil was. 

Agreed. While obviously in the final portions of his tenure things were not spectacular, there have been times where Dil was genuinely good for the team and had people excited to play there. The end is unfortunate, but respect to him for some major portions of his time.

feeling FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY @DMaximus @diamond_ace  no hard feelings whatsoever deffintely a GREAT hire and this " feeling Ssnubbed" not Fisted in anyway Love to DA ! You rock and thanks for keeping things in such good order here. The league is possible without your daily and incredible demonstration of dedication and Genuity ❤️

Edited by Spence King

11 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

he was among a select pool of qualified candidates anyway

@DMaximus @Jubo07Thought I was at lock in this pool at least forsure.. NOTICE ME WORLD , IM HERE AND I LOVE THE VHLM :love: This isn't a personal or salty comment either , I just want what's best for the league and not for anyone to be overworked and making a daily continues effort to make the VHL community the best and most realistic and inclusive/realistic experience & environment through engaging and recruiting new member ! The VHLM is where we ALL started with the quality of 1st gens since I joined last February has been incredible🔥 SERIOUSLY , look how many 1st gens are AGMs or have Jobs with either VSN or as Updater and even @bigALas player store updater and even commissioned the WJHC !! @PatrikLaine has FOUNDED the hot AF Pro AM tournament (an entire summer league with STHS bringing an amazing Off season experience and allowing users to get a chance to dip there toes in the water with a shot at being GM and  the experience of not only participating as a GM and conducting and drafting REAL up to date TPA VHL players, these users get to up there discord channel creating skills , incentivizes increased activity and just overall amazing to see where it's come from season 1 to season 2 was INSANE in growth and by now at season 3 who doesn't know of the Pro AM tourney lol These users are all active one player for example I first met there @fromtheinside and is also a 1st gen and one of the best content and most well known content creators in the VHL @tcookie too ! His VSN work is out of this world and the league wouldn't be the same without it and newly hired AGM much deserved love ya buddy !, This tournament this give more chance to network through discord and make new friends and having the chance to play on the same team with Freinds you would never get the chance in VHL. These are just a few examples , I know from experience the more practice and opportunities given to learn about STHS in ANY way through a GM position even for ANY tournament is invaluable experience and a true honor and I couldn't be more thankful for being selected and given the opportunities I have so far thanks to @Acydburn  and @Banackock and @Jubo07 Giving me the confidence in my first month in the VHL to apply for the WJHC and in blessing was named GM of team Asia , From that tournament I was HOOKED and knew what I have to offer and want as a goal , to be VHLM GM , I know I've expressed this publically to almost everyone lol  congrats @rory Your'e beyond qualified and Halifax is in GREAT hands here and Goodluck and honestly congrats again to every HFX Player going forward getting the opportunity to have @rory as your GM 🔥🤓💪🕴️.

Idk what I did but I can't delete your tag so I had to include something about you LOL Love ya Titan legend  @Dil

Ola 🔥

Interesting. I did know of a couple weird things going on in HFX but didn't see this coming. As requested I won't inquire further because I do recognize that it isn't my place to poke around matters I have nothing to do with.

I do think @Dil is actually a good guy who cares a lot, and I'd love to see him get back into management at some point because I know he's very capable of doing good.

That being said, congrats to @rory! You've certainly been active enough to deserve this, and the team is in good hands.