Halifax

diamond_ace

3 hours ago, bigAL said:

Rory's one better: The Halifax 22nd

These two comments are showing lack of respect for what the Halifax 21 name actually represents or maturity on the commenters part.

7 hours ago, Spence King said:

@DMaximus @Jubo07Thought I was at lock in this pool at least forsure.. NOTICE ME WORLD , IM HERE AND I LOVE THE VHLM :love: This isn't a personal or salty comment either , I just want what's best for the league and not for anyone to be overworked and making a daily continues effort to make the VHL community the best and most realistic and inclusive/realistic experience & environment through engaging and recruiting new member ! The VHLM is where we ALL started with the quality of 1st gens since I joined last February has been incredible🔥 SERIOUSLY , look how many 1st gens are AGMs or have Jobs with either VSN or as Updater and even @bigALas player store updater and even commissioned the WJHC !! @PatrikLaine has FOUNDED the hot AF Pro AM tournament (an entire summer league with STHS bringing an amazing Off season experience and allowing users to get a chance to dip there toes in the water with a shot at being GM and  the experience of not only participating as a GM and conducting and drafting REAL up to date TPA VHL players, these users get to up there discord channel creating skills , incentivizes increased activity and just overall amazing to see where it's come from season 1 to season 2 was INSANE in growth and by now at season 3 who doesn't know of the Pro AM tourney lol These users are all active one player for example I first met there @fromtheinside and is also a 1st gen and one of the best content and most well known content creators in the VHL @tcookie too ! His VSN work is out of this world and the league wouldn't be the same without it and newly hired AGM much deserved love ya buddy !, This tournament this give more chance to network through discord and make new friends and having the chance to play on the same team with Freinds you would never get the chance in VHL. These are just a few examples , I know from experience the more practice and opportunities given to learn about STHS in ANY way through a GM position even for ANY tournament is invaluable experience and a true honor and I couldn't be more thankful for being selected and given the opportunities I have so far thanks to @Acydburn  and @Banackock and @Jubo07 Giving me the confidence in my first month in the VHL to apply for the WJHC and in blessing was named GM of team Asia , From that tournament I was HOOKED and knew what I have to offer and want as a goal , to be VHLM GM , I know I've expressed this publically to almost everyone lol  congrats @rory Your'e beyond qualified and Halifax is in GREAT hands here and Goodluck and honestly congrats again to every HFX Player going forward getting the opportunity to have @rory as your GM 🔥🤓💪🕴️.

Idk what I did but I can't delete your tag so I had to include something about you LOL Love ya Titan legend  @Dil

Ola 🔥

@Spence King: This is a personal and salty comment but you are allowed to feel this way.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

5 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:
3 hours ago, bigAL said:

Rory's one better: The Halifax 22nd

These two comments are showing lack of respect for what the Halifax 21 name actually represents or maturity on the commenters part.

ah no, no disrespect, just a numbers joke. Dil did a great job, he was my first GM when I got here

3 minutes ago, ATST said:

So that's not okay, but Motza harassing the Saski players a few seasons ago is good?. 

Cool. Good to know 

Who said that was good? When shit goes on, you want to tag me in it when it's happening, or just passive aggressively refer to it later on assuming tacit approval?

2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Who said that was good? When shit goes on, you want to tag me in it when it's happening, or just passive aggressively refer to it later on assuming tacit approval?

It was brought up. 

But I'm not doing this with you in a Thread. Feel free to DM me if you want to continue 

7 hours ago, Victor said:

You must be fun at parties.

Don't pretend to know me as these type of comments shouldn't be made. Considering you are an admin.

Am I fun at parties?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no and sometimes I just don't care. But again this has no actual weight on my comment about the mature of the comments made about Halifax name.

If you don't know what that name means then look it up but insults due to the fact that you don't have an actual agreement shows a lack of education and maturity.

Either that you are simply trolling or trying to trigger. I am not that type of person since I learned a lot time ago no one cares about my opinions but clearly my comment bugged you some way. So I am sorry I triggered you. 

27 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Don't pretend to know me as these type of comments shouldn't be made. Considering you are an admin.

Am I fun at parties?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no and sometimes I just don't care. But again this has no actual weight on my comment about the mature of the comments made about Halifax name.

If you don't know what that name means then look it up but insults due to the fact that you don't have an actual agreement shows a lack of education and maturity.

Either that you are simply trolling or trying to trigger. I am not that type of person since I learned a lot time ago no one cares about my opinions but clearly my comment bugged you some way. So I am sorry I triggered you. 

it's times like these where I wish there was a snowflake emoji

• Admin
3 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Am I fun at parties?

I know what the name means. It's a long running "thing" where Bek is very protective of it as he is either from Halifax or just Nova Scotia but several of us think that a name that needs to be explained probably isn't the best team name.

I don't expect you to know that and that's why this isn't remotely an issue for me personally. But from a wider league perspective I can't just let you get on a high horse and tell me what's wrong and what's right, because while I might not be affected by it, if you keep doing that to people at some point someone is going to get very upset and/or riled up.

So I guess the moral of the story is don't get upset when you get snarky responses because you've decided to judge someone's character based on a one line post. And certainly don't try to be people's moral compass without knowing half the back story.

• Head Moderator
20 hours ago, ATST said:

It was brought up. 

But I'm not doing this with you in a Thread. Feel free to DM me if you want to continue 

Enough iron here for me to make a tank lol.

• Commissioner
On 1/19/2021 at 4:26 AM, Victor said:

It's a long running "thing" where Bek is very protective of it as he is either from Halifax or just Nova Scotia

FWIW I wasn’t even the one who proposed the name ( I don’t think anyway) and I don’t like it because I’m from Halifax, I just think it’s an absolutely perfect metaphor for the VHLM and think the “explanation” is straightforward enough that it could easily be thrown into the blurb GM’s give to new players; it’s not like it’s exactly complicated. Instead the reaction has just been “I’m going to be a dick about this name and demand it be changed instead of enjoying the team I have.” I don’t like when people make demands you see.

But yes @Gaikoku-hito you don’t need to worry about it too much. We have 28 teams, people are bound to meme on a couple of names. Some of us like the 21st for the meaning, others think numbers as names are dumb. No part of it is really disrespecting the meaning.