Ryan Li Press Conference

Spartan

Welcome to the league Ryan! We have some questions for you to get to know you and your player a bit more!

1. What got you into the sport of hockey?

2. What kind of player do you hope to develop into?

3. What can you offer a team that decides to sign you in this next waiver period?

4. What goals do you have for your player? Win a cup? Get some personal awards?

5. What do you think is your most underrated skill?

6. What is your first impression of the league so far?

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

Welcome to the league Ryan! We have some questions for you to get to know you and your player a bit more!

3. What can you offer a team that decides to sign you in this next waiver period?

hello spartan,

thank you for having me on today.

when I was a child, growing up in vancouver, canada, the canucks were in the stanley cup finals. the canucks didn't win the cup and still haven't won one to this day, but that cup run sparked my love for hockey, and being a canadian, hockey is kind of in my blood.

i hope to develop into a player that everyone looks up to and is like "wow i want to be like him", i want to become a star in this league and help others achieve their goals as well. i want to become a player, where coaches and players are like: "i want to be on his team".

i can offer my skills, obviously to my team, where i hope to develop into a better hockey player, but i also feel like i can bring a positive attitude into the locker room. i think that i can overall help my team be better.

i am a team first kind of guy, so obviously, i would like to win a few cups, but some personal awards wouldn't hurt either. but my first priority is to always win.

i think that my most underrated skill is my defense. you know, as a left winger, most people think about offense, but as the cliche goes, "defense wins championships." well this may not be true in hockey, defense is certainly a strong focus point of my game, because even when you're in a cold streak, playing defense will always earn you ice time. it will always make you valuable to your team.

my first impression of the league is that, well it's a big league, and there's alot of players in it. i feel like this league will give me a great chance to thrive and become a star, and i am happy to say, that i have been impressed by the level of generosity from vhl's members, as well as those who are helping out a random 17yo canadian, looking to make it big in the hockey world.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:57 PM, Spartan said:

1. The quantity here in where I live, hockey is everywhere

2. Twoway forward, score first, defend next, pass tertiary

3. Boutta be a topline scorer for anyone who desires to get in touch with me

4. I have no personal goals, just free-flowing so far

5. Strength, im stronger in person than I am on the rink

6. Mixed feelings, havent connected with people yet.

Edited by Jolline