Shaggy Tipton’s Junior Review

Failedthe King

Shaggy Tipton’s journey into the Victory Hockey League began on waivers, when he was signed late into the season by the Las Vegas Aces. Signed on as a winger, playing a little under 30 games he posted up consistent hits and showed excellent physicality, but he was limited to only one goal and one assist. Although his time in Vegas was short, it was the first time he saw the playoffs after being signed on waivers. However, he wouldn’t be very important in the Aces deep playoff run. 

After the season ended he was released from the Aces, and declared for the VHLM minors draft. As time passed, Tipton’s quiet debut season resulted in him falling all the way down to the 4th line, however the Mexico City Kings had interest in the young winger, and drafted him in the late 4th round. He was afterwards welcomed into the Mexico City locker room as a member of the Kings. Interestingly enough, he converted over to a Defenseman shortly after joining Mexico City, and shows promise in that field. During the offseason he was signed as a prospect to the European League as a member of the Moscow Menace, which inspired Shaggy Tipton to take hockey seriously. 

Since joining Mexico City Shaggy has trained rigorously to adapt to his new defenseman position. Using what he learned from his mentors at Las Vegas, he has been able to significantly increase his chances of a breakout season. He looks forwards to his next season in the Victory Hockey League minors as the promising Mexico City roster does, with both of them having a pivotal season to prove themselves upcoming.  

————

Since joining the VHLM I have had a blast playing as Shaggy Tipton, who’s storybook journey has led me to enjoy playing with his “character” if that is appropriate to say. I am glad I have met many friends in both Vegas and New Mexico, special thanks to the Vegas GM Spartan and the Mexico City Gm Hylands, they have both been very helpful and fun to be around as I develop Tipton. 

Not only have the locker rooms been helpful and fun, but the game has been fun as well. I loved the excitement of getting my first goal as Tipton and I look forward to getting more in the future. Of course it won’t be easier as it goes on, so Shaggy Tipton’s adventure has just started! I’m excited for the future of Tipton and the Mexico City Kings, I believe both of them have a bright future!