Artair McCloud - Rookie Experience

Hoopydog

With the start of the 76th VHL season, comes a young Scotsman looking to set the league ablaze. That’s right, Artair McCloud has graduated from the VHLM and is now a rookie in the VHL.

Reservations and Expectations

After a difficult, and somewhat disappointing, season in the VHLM last year McCloud is definitely hopping for a change of fortune as he embarks on his VHL career. He will link up with many other top-quality VHL graduates as he joins the Riga Reign and the guidance of GM Hedgehog. It’s safe to say that McCloud didn’t hit the heights he was hoping last season, so how will he fair against better opposition. Some would say he could struggle, if he couldn’t do it in the minors, then how is he going to do it in the big leagues. But I think it could be an opportunity to shine for hi. He will be playing with little expectation placed on him but also will be lining up with better teammates. My only concern for his production would be ice-time but even still, I don’t think that will be much of an issue as though McCloud is looking to receive a decent amount this season.

The First Couple Games

There have already been some VHL sims this season so we may as well take a look at how McCloud got on. The Riga Reign had 2 tough games to start of the season. Firstly, they played the Davos Dynamo with their potent 1st line. That Davos 1st line really showed their quality as they racked up the goals causing the Reign to lose 8-3 to Davos. Then they played the Moscow Menace once again suffering a lose but only by a 1 goal margin, as they lost 4-3. But how did McCloud get on? In game 1 McCloud came up with 2 assists against Davos from the 3rd line. More importantly, he got one over on former GM Spartan as he scored his first VHL against the Moscow Menace. So that makes 3P in 2GP. It’s early days yet, but at the time of writing, McCloud is currently 3rd in rookie scoring, just remember that.

It’ll Definitely be interesting it see how McClouds rookie season plays out. If he continues to perform and put points on the board, he could receive an increase in ice-time which would almost certainly only improve his production. Or he could hit a rough patch and suffer the same fate he did last season, his point production stagnating. I’ll guess we’ll have to watch and see…