Let's run for president.

Kachur

have you always wanted to run for office but don't have the Money or support to do it?

Fan of politics and just looking for some fun? then lets do this. 

Option 1: I can create YOU or a "Character" of your choice, from stats, starting money, party, even you platform. then you would start in the primaries and compete against other peoples created players to try to win the nomination for President. every action needing to be smart and calculated. do you Fundraise or prepare for a debate? Target Iowa or send a spy to the others HQ.

only you decide how you can try to achieve the goal.

I would post weekly updates of everyone's characters and there Percentage's, how close they are to the nomination. any news stories that come up or anything relevant. and we go from there. 

PLAYERS

@Doomsday - Libertarian
@.sniffuM
@diamond_ace

@GrittyIsKing09

Edited by ATST

Just now, GrittyIsKing09 said:

there's a free game for kids that is ridiculously easy I am addicted to. it's called Win the white house, but it's pretty customizable

I've played it. 

PI goes into depth with numbers. 

Like polling average. Approval rating. How much you win by. You even can spin stories xD

@ATST haven't heard anything about president infinity, but if you're interested in something similar, The Political Process is incredibly in depth and well reviewed (only does american politics though): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1184770/The_Political_Process/

Just now, .sniffuM said:

@ATST haven't heard anything about president infinity, but if you're interested in something similar, The Political Process is incredibly in depth and well reviewed (only does american politics though): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1184770/The_Political_Process/

oh shit that looks dope. 

President infinity is 8.99 first time then $20 a year. free updates. its amazing. ill be chacking out the other one for sure thank you :)

any interest in my proposed Idea?

4 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Would we be running against each other or as a collective?

either. so I could make individual people from the VHL. and you run against each other and the Party ewhatevers

or we all decide descitons for 1 candidate together. 

they have EVERY major player in both parties that you can run. 

they also have different scenarios like 2024, 2026, 2016 etc

Preview 1.png

Preview 2.png

Looks pretty cool, although the recurring fee kinda scares me. Maybe see if you have some more widespread interest and look into The Political Process some to see if it'll work well for what you're going for?

4 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Looks pretty cool, although the recurring fee kinda scares me. Maybe see if you have some more widespread interest and look into The Political Process some to see if it'll work well for what you're going for?

its easy enough for me to make a Party and Candidates. thats no issue. 

you dont really need a copy of the game. you can just tell me in a discord server what you want to do. 

this gives everyone a chance to interact and talk shit XD

23 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

yeah i watched a bunch of vids about that. seems pretty cool

People here might also find this game interesting.  It's thematically along the same lines but I think mechanics wise different.  I haven't played this yet myself but what I've seen of it looks interesting

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1207650/Suzerain/

2 minutes ago, Garsh said:

People here might also find this game interesting.  It's thematically along the same lines but I think mechanics wise different.  I haven't played this yet myself but what I've seen of it looks interesting

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1207650/Suzerain/

oooohhhhhhh that looks epic

Just now, GrittyIsKing09 said:

oooohhhhhhh that looks epic

Here is a guy who has played it some.  You have to watch at least like 3 of the episodes to really get some kind of feel for the game.  I think the first ep is just entirely setting up his dudes backstory

2 minutes ago, Garsh said:

Here is a guy who has played it some.  You have to watch at least like 3 of the episodes to really get some kind of feel for the game.  I think the first ep is just entirely setting up his dudes backstory

oh this dude! i know him haha, i watched some of his civilization 6 playthroughs. I'll watch it!

Screenshot-2021-01-22-144908 

this was one of my worse runs.. i took a few other screenshots but forgot to save them so it deleted. every fucking state in the midwest went for my progressive AF agenda. the ai is bad and the random generation is awful but I kinda like it that way

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

On 1/22/2021 at 12:14 PM, GrittyIsKing09 said:

let's run against each other. 

I CALL BERNIE

if we take existing people, im tammy duckworth. otherwise ill just make a person (although i would largely occupy the same political space as you)