Malmo Nighthawks GM Resignation

FrostBeard

1500x500

Hello there! GM Frostbeard here!

So, not going to lie but has been a pretty tough decision on my end and I have already informed League Commissioners about my resignation from Malmo GM position coming next off-season. It has been a truly wonderful time, full of emotions, ups and down for me as a GM in VHL. As I had pleasure serving both as VHLM GM for Houston Bulls and as Malmo Nighthawks GM I can say that there is no greater feeling than to have a team that features amazing group of people that light up your day constantly.

This resignation is something that I feel I owe to people as I don't want to hold on to a role that I know very well I will not be able to give my 100% soon. Even though I have been less and less on forums, I have been actively checking my discord and have been around as much as I can but due to some personal reasons I soon won't have the time (If you are very interested you come to me and we can chat about it a bit more in detail on Discord). 

I would like to say that this opportunity that was given to me both in Houston and here in Malmo have lead to me being a GM since May of 2019. A truly great time spent with so many amazing people. I had pleasure having players graduate from Houston and become big name players in the VHL, had a pleasure winning Founder's cup in S68, Continental cup in S75. Even though this marks a huge change for me, I will be around, will keep my players active and will be on Discord to have meaningful conversations about bees with @Beaviss.

I would like to say big thanks to people that have kept me going, helped me and started my path as GM, I owe you. Huge thanks to @BladeMaiden, @Banackock, @OrbitingDeath and many, many more! 

I would also like to add that my suggestion for this job opening goes to @Hylands, a player that in my mind embodies VHL, is an honest, hardworking guy. As I understand there will be an open application process so I wish good luck to everyone willing to take their chance for this position! I will help the next GM in any way possible!

I will serve as the GM till the off-season and then give the reigns to the new lad!

I guess that is it from me this time! 

FrostBeard

@FrostBeard you are one of the many great things that came out of that Philly team ❤️  Sad to see you step down but know you always were and remain to be a class act. Much love to you my friend, remember  stepping down is not the end, it's the beginning of something new. Best of Luck on the next leg of your adventure :)

Love You Hug GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

@FrostBeard you know our history together both as VHLM GM's and our small time together while you were on San Diego. One of my favorite members here, you're an awesome addition to this league and I am saddened to see you step down. Best of luck to you with everything ❤️ 

Sorry to hear this news. I kind of felt like it was coming given our conversations and your situation but that doesn’t make it any better.

I could give some speech here but you  already know. Awesome guy. One of my favourites and most trusted here. I’ll miss our chats with manager stuff but hope you can manage to stick around the league. 

Spoiler

@Rayzor_7 @InstantRockstar snub in 3...2...1...

• Commissioner
23 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

I would also like to add that my suggestion for this job opening goes to @Hylands, a player that in my mind embodies VHL, is an honest, hardworking guy. As I understand there will be an open application process so I wish good luck to everyone willing to take their chance for this position! I will help the next GM in any way possible!

Might as well clarify this.

The @Commissioner team talked about the usual "line of succession" situation that GMing has always had in the VHL (IE the outgoing GM picks their successor from the team in most cases) and believe that it's unfortunately outdated with so many deserving candidates wanting the job. For this reason GM openings will be, henceforth, always open to applications. However, obviously GM's do still groom their successors and this is normal. For that reason GM choice will be taken into consideration heavily when choosing the next in line for the positions. They won't always be the ones chosen since the field of worthy candidates is very large but we will take the outgoing GM's opinion in as part of our consideration.

With that out of the way I would obviously like to thank you @FrostBeard for your time as a GM; you have done great things in a short amount of time with Malmo and should be incredibly proud.

Thanks for being someone I've found reasonable and fair in your time as GM, and good on you for managing to get a cup win before things went down on your end. I'll miss you and I hope whoever takes over is good as well!

Never have had the chance to talk to you personally yet, but I've never heard anything but good things about you. I wish you the best with whatever you have going on in your personal life, and hopefully  the replacement can follow in your footsteps, but they have large shoes to fill!

Hey Frostbeard. We don't really know each other and you probably don't know who I am. But I hope everything's fine with your personal life, and I respect you for taking time off. You built a hell of a team in Malmo, and went out with a bang! Anyways, have a great day. The VHL community thanks you for your service.

Salute GIF by CBS

We don’t really know each others but thats an impressive trophy room you got for yourself already and you will be remembered as a winner! 💪

Good luck for what is coming next for you :)

Also, I will vouch for Hylands too, I played for him in Mexico and he is a pretty good GM.

Hell of a run Frosty, your plan worked to perfection and you won a Cup... your abilities can never be questioned! Maybe down the road you'll get to follow it up, but for now, congrats on all you've done, and know that you are a champion!