TSC leaves for vacation.

Peace

The Toronto Legion have officially hung up the 'gone fishing' sign on the front door: they're gone, nowhere to be seen. They rushed away under the cover of night to the closest airport, boarded the Legions' exclusive charter plane and left hardly lifelike cardboard cutouts of themselves in various places around the rink for anyone who wanted to snoop around seeking autographs. "I was spooked when I first came in," a security guard confirmed. "I went in to report for my shift and was startled by this huge green cutout staring at me." 

Some of them were placed in awkward places, some of them had a sense of humor behind them, while others were inappropriate and had to be censored for this article... okay most of them were inappropriate and we had to bleach this entire article, but nevertheless we've located where the team has gone. The real players and their families are now enjoying the warm beaches of Fiji's Tavarua island, completely isolated from society and technology until the VHL returns to play. GM Peace spared no expenses, renting the full island out for his club and their families while following COVID protocols. Some would think it would be irresponsible of the club to vacation during a global pandemic, but that's the last thing they're probably thinking about.

Meanwhile -- back in Toronto -- the TSC announced a new initiative in association with the Toronto Legion. The program was announced by the newly acquired Gunnar Odinsson, who revealed an advertisement on the upcoming 'LEGION CAMP' during back to back games against the DC Dragons. The program includes 'beer, beats, babes and songs about former players' indicating that the team will supply your alcohol, crank the locker room music as loud as it can go, hire a bunch of... er... performers and sing songs about former players. That presents a likely affordable option to spend somewhat quality time with your Toronto Legion! 

Call now at 1-800-LEGION to book your vacation. 

Not this one though. The Legion and members of the Toronto Social Club are already gone. 

Liars.

Now where would this Legion Camp actually be? The picture fans were given depicted the entire eastern collection of continents, so there could potentially be a wide arrange of vacationing spots. 

We don't know... GM Peace isn't available to talk to us. We assume he's snorkeling around some reefs, water skiing with his family and getting wasted on a soft beach in the middle of the day. Yes, we can predict it now, the cans of hard ciders surrounding the slurring GM while his players make fun of his drink of choice. One by one the dominoes fall, and the next scheduled game against Riga will be played by the cardboard cutouts while the real players are forced to watch from the nosebleeds and required to drink Okanagan Crisp Apple. 

A worthy punishment if there ever was one, I reckon. Is that even a punishment though, or is that a second vacation? A staycation if you will, but the game isn't in Toronto... It's in Riga! They'll get to explore Riga with the energy to do it, visit some of the landmarks and maybe eat at a fancy restaurant or two.

GM Peace truly must love his players.

Wait, wait, no. The game is in Toronto. Yep, it's a punishment. Don't make fun of his drink of choice while he's laying face down with a sunburn on his back!    

Edited by Peace

9/10!

Fun article! The whole vacation part was well written and painted a vivid picture of what is going on in Toronto. I also liked the Legion camp part, sounds like good times.

The only potential improvement I can think of is adding a picture of some kind, for example, related to the Legion camp performers.