Reincarnation of the VHL Magazine is Hiring.

Bobo

THE VHL MAGAZINE IS POTENTIALLY MAKING A RETURN;

Hello people of the VHL(M). I am Bobo, and with the support of @thadthrasher, @KaleebtheMighty, and @Spence King, we are trying to bring back the famed VHL Magazine under a new alias; The Victory Hockey Times. Now, before you say, "IS THIS VSN? IS THIS PAID?" No, this is not paid. It is also not VSN. This is a fun little project we are starting to bring the newspaper format back on the forum. Here is what we are looking for:

We need:

1. Three to four writers (preferably ones who are somewhat knowledgeable of sports journalism, we will provide examples if you do not know about sports journalism)
  2. Two or so graphic designers (with preferably some graphic experience prior)
  3. One editor (to help out Thad)

Thanks, and if you're interested, respond to this post and we'll follow up with you. 

#VictoryNeverSleeps

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/xXAujh63

Edited by dariusmarimotoman

Just now, Sonnet said:

Just a heads-up for anyone interested: even though this doesn't come with extra job pay, you can obviously claim any written articles or created graphics as your weekly PT (provided they still meet the guidelines for either submission).

That aside, love the idea and the ambition. Definitely looking forward to seeing what you guys are able to create!

This is correct, thanks for including that small detail Sonnet.

As a former writer on the VHL Mag, very excited to see it returning! Getting featured in it was a huge honor, and I'm glad to see another generation of members getting to experience it. 

Really hope to see you guys officially get recognized and become official VHL media soon!

2 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

As a former writer on the VHL Mag, very excited to see it returning! Getting featured in it was a huge honor, and I'm glad to see another generation of members getting to experience it. 

Really hope to see you guys officially get recognized and become official VHL media soon!

Big thanks! I can't wait to begin work on it. I'm pretty pumped!

1 hour ago, Eynhallow said:

Will there be a venue whereby you accept contributions from the general public?  The requirements mentioned above sorta cuts out most of us...ya know

I see your point of concern. I did think about that when I made the post, we can send you articles that are examples of what we want if you’re interested in joining our team. Thanks for the response! Great question. 

- Publisher and Head Writer,

Bobo

1 hour ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

If you can give me a quick run-through of sports journalism, I will gladly lend a hand with some articles

I answered this in a prior response, we could provide a couple of examples for you to get a sense of what it is that we want. It’s not hard to understand. 

- Publisher and Head Writer

Bobo

9 hours ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

I see your point of concern. I did think about that when I made the post, we can send you articles that are examples of what we want if you’re interested in joining our team. Thanks for the response! Great question. 

- Publisher and Head Writer,

Bobo

Please fire off a couple of examples.  I can see from that if I have the skills/time/inclination to pursue this.  I do appreciate your effort and pro bono direction in this very worthwhile project.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:55 AM, Eynhallow said:

Please fire off a couple of examples.  I can see from that if I have the skills/time/inclination to pursue this.  I do appreciate your effort and pro bono direction in this very worthwhile project.

I sent them to you. 

8 hours ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

I sent them to you. 

Yes, I got them thank-you.  Seems a little much for me.  Perhaps a letter to the editor, or a guest column....something like that from time to time...  That also might take the heat off your regular columnists, having a venue for public contribution, that is.  Thanks again !!

45 minutes ago, Eynhallow said:

Yes, I got them thank-you.  Seems a little much for me.  Perhaps a letter to the editor, or a guest column....something like that from time to time...  That also might take the heat off your regular columnists, having a venue for public contribution, that is.  Thanks again !!

No problem. We will be including pieces from the community in our papers in a specific section. We will be taking entries, and reviewing three pieces and spreading awareness for that writer. It’s a great way to get other people that isn’t on our staff involved.

Thanks,

- Head Writer, Publisher Bobo.

• 2 weeks later...