I feel like I came out of a time capsule

Jericho

As someone who hasn't had a player since the early 40s it is insane how much cool stuff you guys have. The sim updates itself now? Are you serious? Back in the day everything was forum based. We had to update a player thread, which was then verified by a person on the assumption that you did it wrong, then the simmer would spend 84 hours updating it in the sim. No wonder @JardyB10 drank so much. You guys can earn the weekly TPE cap WITHOUT a job? Shit dude, that's rad. The VHLM ISN'T a huge bummer where you sit in the sim nobody cares about until you hit the magical 175 TPE cap and people actually care about the results there? Fuck yeah! Any attempt to improve things isn't met with some dickhead who's been around forever saying your idea is stupid because "we always did it this way" like some elitist asshole who doesn't understand how bad of an argument that is? Good shit VHL, you guys have made some great changes since I've been gone and I'm proud of you.

184 words. Claimed for the wekk of Feb 15- Feb 21

• Commissioner
29 minutes ago, Jericho said:

The sim updates itself now? Are you serious?

I mean no, it doesn’t. We still have to put the updates in but because of advances we made with the portal it’s a process that can be done daily in about 2 minutes. So technically it doesn’t t update itself but it’s way faster.

30 minutes ago, Jericho said:

You guys can earn the weekly TPE cap WITHOUT a job? Shit dude, that's rad.

Pretty sure you could before you left as well. I’ve always preferred it to the split cap but don’t think that was something I introduced as a blue. We just made it easier to hit with more options.

31 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Any attempt to improve things isn't met with some dickhead who's been around forever saying your idea is stupid because "we always did it this way"

I mean that still happens. @Bushito famously claimed for ages before he went inactive that he preferred forum updating. Very wrong of course but still.

Anywho, welcome back, it’s been too long.

41 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Any attempt to improve things isn't met with some dickhead who's been around forever saying your idea is stupid because "we always did it this way" like some elitist asshole who doesn't understand how bad of an argument that is?

Maybe publicly, but in the BoG, myself and @Victor....

joaquin phoenix no GIF