Jump to content

VHT Edition 1: 2/16/21


Bobo
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

RPIGsYHDiUF4I5K1IXS1jVsSVnMtoV-9HJbSHOajRTZjTDRtVRNYK2jdnme54u8icA_flwYNh0E5kj_wcIfCWQYmTPepl9BpPMWEs55XOewkGWwZpb6LALNCJ1UJZDp7BoMz8xS-

"Victory Never Sleeps"

 

LINK TO NEWSPAPER

 

 

 

Edited by dariusmarimotoman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

 

RPIGsYHDiUF4I5K1IXS1jVsSVnMtoV-9HJbSHOajRTZjTDRtVRNYK2jdnme54u8icA_flwYNh0E5kj_wcIfCWQYmTPepl9BpPMWEs55XOewkGWwZpb6LALNCJ1UJZDp7BoMz8xS-

"Victory Never Sleeps"

 

LINK TO NEWSPAPER

 

 

 

Review: Wow! This is incredible! I love the style of the doc to make it look like a real newspaper. The smaller details such as the weather and enlarged first letters add to it. The visuals are simply stunning, and the way you break the news and games is awesome! 10/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, PatrikLaine said:

Review: Wow! This is incredible! I love the style of the doc to make it look like a real newspaper. The smaller details such as the weather and enlarged first letters add to it. The visuals are simply stunning, and the way you break the news and games is awesome! 10/10

Thanks, means a lot coming from you Laine. Glad you liked our format! They call those enlarged words "Drop Cap" btw.

 

Edited by dariusmarimotoman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, fishy said:

Great work on this, VHT team! I'm super pumped to finally have your first edition released. I'm looking forward to outstanding work from you in the near future!

Thanks Fishy! Welcome to our editing department BTW!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Review: Nice first edition! I like the well-written articles and neat graphics. I'm a bit confused on the graphic before the Vancouver-Seattle article ("North America RIVALRY: Game 453") because it has no other information other than a DC player and a Vancouver player. It really left me wanting to know more about the rivalry and the game (even showing the score or mentioning when it could be if its an ad for the future would be nice). One thing I really wish you included either in the initial forum post or in the first page is a table of contents. Most magazines have a cover, table of contents, and a message from the editor before diving right into the meat of it. If you're going for more of the newspaper vibe, a cool header that includes information about the issue number, date, and a preview of what's in the paper would be helpful. The feedback about it being a word doc is fair - maybe you could save it as a PDF to make it a bit cleaner? Overall, nice start, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Review: Nice first edition! I like the well-written articles and neat graphics. I'm a bit confused on the graphic before the Vancouver-Seattle article ("North America RIVALRY: Game 453") because it has no other information other than a DC player and a Vancouver player. It really left me wanting to know more about the rivalry and the game (even showing the score or mentioning when it could be if its an ad for the future would be nice). One thing I really wish you included either in the initial forum post or in the first page is a table of contents. Most magazines have a cover, table of contents, and a message from the editor before diving right into the meat of it. If you're going for more of the newspaper vibe, a cool header that includes information about the issue number, date, and a preview of what's in the paper would be helpful. The feedback about it being a word doc is fair - maybe you could save it as a PDF to make it a bit cleaner? Overall, nice start, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes!

I tried PDFs, couldn’t compress below 30 kb. And thanks for this constructive criticism. Much appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...