King Calls Out United: "We might as well sit on the fucking bench"

IamMOOSE

Kevin King’s run in London has been quiet yet rocky to say the least. While still over a ppg, his production hasn’t thus far lived up to the bill he set for himself when London acquired his just before midseason. It was tonight however, after another tough couple games, culminating with a 5-4 Loss to Chicago that the dam broke on King’s temper. A noticeably fired up Kevin King took to the podium to address the team’s recent run.

“It’s just not good enough. It starts with me and goes from there. The way we’re playing in front of our goaltenders we might as well sit on the fucking bench because we’re a disappointment to those guys. This is a better defense than we’re showing. We should be ashamed of how we’ve protected our net.”

It was a mounting frustration, born out of a 3.20 GFPG average over their last ten games but a 3.00 GAPG average that has helped facilitate a 3-6-1 record in that stretch, including losses in 9 of the last ten. While some have argued that the United could use some big saves from their goaltenders, King chose to focus instead on the offense here, specifically his own play:

“Fucking average. I was brought on to be an answer on offense and thus far the result is mediocre. I choose to come here because I believe in the future of this franchise and want to be a leader in the team’s future. I’m pissed off. I’m better than this, we’re better than this. We will turn this thing around. I’ve been too quiet in that lockeroom and too reserved as a player in this league this season. I’m at a point in my career where this just isn’t good enough and I’m pissed about it.”

We’ll see if the United can rally behind their Center and right the ship to make that last minute push into the postseason.