S76 WJC GM Applications

bigAL

As much as I would love to step back into the superior position of GM of Team USA, I am NOT applying this season. I'd love to see some new faces (or previously passed over ones) get the position. I know that my time as a GM for WJC (especially because of @Banackock helping me out) really helped me to get quickly acclimated in my role as VHLM GM. Good luck to everyone who applies! 

4 hours ago, Josh said:

So when is this? :P

Off-season S86 in January 2022, we’re looking for only the most dedicated members looking for long term contracts 

Hey, i would LOVE to apply! Ive been waiting since S69 to get my computer, and I got it 1 month ago, and I think this is the perfect spot to start my GM career. I dont care which team I have, any of them would be an honor, thanks for considering!

Would love to get another chance at being a full time GM and using the skills i have learned over the past 5 seasons as a full time AGM in the VHL and VHLM since taking Asia to a Silver Medal. My knowledge with how the STHS system works and most importantly organizing and being as active and engaging with the team above and beyond, I would be honored to GM any team in this tournament and expand my credentials towards earning a VHLM GM position. The WJC is IMO the best hockey in the world. This Tournament is my favorite part of the VHL/ VHLM (other than the draft :P:) 

My experience in my first opportunity (thank you @Banackock @Acydburn  @Joshfor the opportunity , truly eternally grateful and would never be in the front office position i am without the opportunity you provided me) was truly special and gave me a lot of purpose and exactly what i needed at that time , as i do right now as well was the feeling that i truly mattered and had such a prestigious group of players responding to my PMs and having amazing engaging conversations throughout the tournament the hype trains in our discord LR was amazing and that experience and my success is what lead @DMaximus to name me the AGM in Philly immediately following the tournament. Since working with DMax , as well as @Beaviss , I have learned what does , and what doesnt work in STHS as well as the fact that its a SIM and sometimes the pucks just bounce like the bullet that got JFK. Look at @Beaviss and @DMaximus Teams overall records in the past 4 season and theres no dispute they are STHS and VHL and VHLM masterminds and really know what works against the opposition and always knowing that you must adapt to the situation to win ! @BladeMaiden Has also provided me with some amazing ideas to include in my team discord in following in her footsteps and using some of the amazing strategies she has implemented in Helsinki which have truly increased the amount of fun and team atmosphere that i hope to bring the any country's LR.

In my time here and all the WJC and throughout the seasons and the coverage I have one noticed one thing , and that the WJC in the VHL is only a week long tournament and that includes the naming of the rosters. in comparison to the IRL WJC which is a 3 week tournament and a month of practice and roster selection and cuts go into making the final roster decisions. In this case my only thought on how to better this would be make the VHL WJC and its player stats as well as standing onto the VHL Portal. Many users only check the portal quickly and dont deep dive or even scoll the forum and i know many users miss when the WJC is even occurring (Myself included, I have been very inactive lately with my father in law passing, and just moving as well as starting a new job) I was unaware the WJC were taking applications. This is in no way a complaint or criticism I would just love more Hype for the WJC in the VHL and maybe even just a small Graphic on the homepage of the portal saying S76 WJC applications would be cool , or a hype graphic.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you soon. 

I also have several candidates that are 1st gen users that are either VHLM GMs or are more than well known in the community that i am prepared to interview for the position if all goes well ( I think an AGM in this WJC is great, its something , even the smallest thing to add to your resume especially if yours is blank , this is the best opportunity to learn about everything i mentioned in the body paragraph about running a successful team in the VHL as a GM and having an AGM only provides an experience to not just one but two users and even though the ultimate decision making may not be in the power of the AGM , AGMs are EXTREMELY important, as we all know IRL comes in the way and AGMs are always there to save the day ! or vice versa ! Second opinions and Front Office Teams IMO are the formula to winning.

Sincerely 

Spence King                 

Assistant GM of the San Diego Marlins 

@Spence King I believe you may be too late to the party which is entirely a misfortune. Excellent write up. You have my support in future ventures and did very well on your first go around. The World Juniors is an awesome tournament for the VHLM, players, managers and all that are lucky enough to be involved, or to involve themselves in it. It’s a great place for players and managers to get their starts, step out of the shadows and shine a light on them and to kill some time and allow the enjoyable moments and memories to continue being created in the league. 

Any time I can be part of the tournament, in whatever way I manage, is an absolute privilege. This may be the first season in over 10 seasons that I’m actually not which is kind of sad now that I’ve realized that.  It’s one of my passions for the league - helping out, assisting members with the learning curve of managing and creating a fun and fiery experience with a little bit of silly shit talk as dressing on the salad. 

Keep up the good stuff! :cheers:

@Spence King

You've been killing it in the managing game and I think it's time for some newer members to get a chance to be more involved, keep doing you obviously but the world juniors is for learning about the sim engine and to help new managers understand the ropes. Soon enough you'll be the man in charge in the VHLM or possibly the VHL (who knows the World Cup?), just don't think you should be managing a team in the junior tournament..