Toronto Legion: If Every Player Was A Dessert

Juice

Képtalálatok a következőre: gotta do the cooking by the book

Now while I've come back from my amazing (seriously would of rather have went to somewhere fun like 🌯MEXICO CITY 🌯 rather than Whitehorse) VHL vacation, I decided that it's time to really pick up a quarantine hobby that is both fun and is actually a good skill to have overall. And that skill I decided to pick up was baking!

There's something so calming and relaxing about the baking process compared to regular cooking, as there is a lot more waiting while things are in the oven for example where you can focus on other parts of the baking process...or take a quick 10 minute break to get a CHEL match in 👀 

Now with my new hobby having lots of different creations and ideas of what can be made, I figured what is better than mixing my two favourite things; the Toronto Social Club and Baked Goods!

Thus, please find my fellow Legion members as delicious treats!

@fromtheinside Eszterházy torta

Képtalálatok a következőre: eszterházy torta

Now I haven't had the chance to make this amazing dish as of yet (mostly because it's very complicated and hard to perfectly do it) but I can't think of anyone better than Mr. Scotty Kaberle himself to represent this cake. When I first arrived in Budapest, I wanted to have something sweet and authentic. This cake is by far my favourite dessert on the planet and blows me away everytime I have it. It reminds me a lot of how Scotty was the first person I really connected with in the VHL and I'll always have a soft spot for the second coming of Komisarek.

@BOOM Black Forest Cake

Képtalálatok a következőre: black forest cake

Black Forest Cake has a special place in my heart like no other, so I think that's perfect for BOOM-city himself since he's still my valentine 😍 Black Forest Cake was my go-to for every single birthday cake I had as a child, and although I could always go without the cherries on top and I was never a big fan of most cakes, I would always demolish this year after year. Sweet, but not sweet enough to make you sick and tired of eating it and you'd always want more. Nothing better than the best nostalgic cake to me personally for one of the best new member of the Social Club.

@Peace Cheesecake

Képtalálatok a következőre: cheese cake

I mean, I couldn't pick a better dessert for the cheesiest person I've met thus far. The amount of dad-jokes and puns in the locker-room I believe might have played a part in the self-destruction of my laptop. With that being said, a cheesecake is a classic and original, and not many people hate this dessert as it's that well liked. Peace is a wonderful GM and he made such a big turn around for the Legion team where we have such a close knit amazing group, and I could tell after our intense and long draft interview that Toronto would be a perfect fit for me, and I'm glad to have been drafted here immensely.

@Smarch Ice Cream Cake

Képtalálatok a következőre: ice cream cake

Smarch is the best pick-up in Toronto by far, and everyone knows my love for BOOM so that says a lot. But I assume everyone else in the Social Club would say the same as this is the sweetest and chillest guy in the locker-room. Every day to wake up to his messages about the upcoming games and to enjoy the day or the weekend is what I look forward to whenever I see a notification in the locker-room early on in the day. An underrated cake due to it's bit obscurity (since most people go for easier and regular cakes), but it's easily one of the best cakes possible to have due to it's uniqueness. I think that description suits Smarch absolutely fine as people didn't really notice him in the deal that sent him to Toronto, but I assume Smarch will prove people wrong soon enough as he's an amazing personality and player for us.

@ROOKIE745 Macaron

Képtalálatok a következőre: macorron

Rookie will go down in history for Toronto, and he's an absolute class act who loves this team through and through and everyone in the locker-room would tell you that it's heartbreaking that we don't have a large chance to get him a cup here. Despite all the trades that really downgraded our chance to make a playoff push, he wanted to stick with the team all the way through to the end. What is a better way to show off a class act like himself than one of the fanciest desserts around like a macaron. We love you @ROOKIE745❤️

@Rayzor_7Gingersnap Cookies

Képtalálatok a következőre: gingersnap cookie

Rayz is a beast and a half, and he's a firecracker at that. He will tell you how it is and russle some feathers, but he also has a sweet side to him that shows because he's a core member of our social club. Drafted alongside him in the last VHL Draft, we came right into Toronto together and I believe we both helped shape the Legion into what it is now. I think a gingersnap is a perfect representation of him as he has that kick of cinnamon but overall deep inside he's a fluffy sugary boy, even if he hides that side of him 😉

@DoktorFunk Chocolate Cupcake

Képtalálatok a következőre: cupcake green

Now this may be a chocolate cupcake, but don't mistake that this Jolly Green Giant cupcake wouldn't be as green as possible! Entering into the locker-room, several of us were rookies coming up prepping for our first VHL season, and Jolly was one of these people. Friendly and funny, the team wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there from the very beginning which perfectly suits him being a cupcake as nobody hates a cupcake.

I'm very sorry to everyone I've missed, but my brain doesn't hold enough information to think up more baked goods to associate people with, but everyone on the Toronto Legion team plays an integral part in making our team so close together.

I hope you enjoyed my awful attempt at matching people with baked goods using somewhat suspect descriptions!

(1007 words, claiming for weeks ending in 2/21 and 2/28)

Edited by Juice

9 hours ago, Juice said:

Képtalálatok a következőre: gotta do the cooking by the book

Now while I've come back from my amazing (seriously would of rather have went to somewhere fun like 🌯MEXICO CITY 🌯 rather than Whitehorse) VHL vacation, I decided that it's time to really pick up a quarantine hobby that is both fun and is actually a good skill to have overall. And that skill I decided to pick up was baking!

There's something so calming and relaxing about the baking process compared to regular cooking, as there is a lot more waiting while things are in the oven for example where you can focus on other parts of the baking process...or take a quick 10 minute break to get a CHEL match in 👀 

Now with my new hobby having lots of different creations and ideas of what can be made, I figured what is better than mixing my two favourite things; the Toronto Social Club and Baked Goods!

Thus, please find my fellow Legion members as delicious treats!

@fromtheinside Eszterházy torta

Képtalálatok a következőre: eszterházy torta

Now I haven't had the chance to make this amazing dish as of yet (mostly because it's very complicated and hard to perfectly do it) but I can't think of anyone better than Mr. Scotty Kaberle himself to represent this cake. When I first arrived in Budapest, I wanted to have something sweet and authentic. This cake is by far my favourite dessert on the planet and blows me away everytime I have it. It reminds me a lot of how Scotty was the first person I really connected with in the VHL and I'll always have a soft spot for the second coming of Komisarek.

@BOOM Black Forest Cake

Képtalálatok a következőre: black forest cake

Black Forest Cake has a special place in my heart like no other, so I think that's perfect for BOOM-city himself since he's still my valentine 😍 Black Forest Cake was my go-to for every single birthday cake I had as a child, and although I could always go without the cherries on top and I was never a big fan of most cakes, I would always demolish this year after year. Sweet, but not sweet enough to make you sick and tired of eating it and you'd always want more. Nothing better than the best nostalgic cake to me personally for one of the best new member of the Social Club.

@Peace Cheesecake

http://justdelhiing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Toffee-chocolate-cheesecake.jpg

I mean, I couldn't pick a better dessert for the cheesiest person I've met thus far. The amount of dad-jokes and puns in the locker-room I believe might have played a part in the self-destruction of my laptop. With that being said, a cheesecake is a classic and original, and not many people hate this dessert as it's that well liked. Peace is a wonderful GM and he made such a big turn around for the Legion team where we have such a close knit amazing group, and I could tell after our intense and long draft interview that Toronto would be a perfect fit for me, and I'm glad to have been drafted here immensely.

@Smarch Ice Cream Cake

Képtalálatok a következőre: ice cream cake

Smarch is the best pick-up in Toronto by far, and everyone knows my love for BOOM so that says a lot. But I assume everyone else in the Social Club would say the same as this is the sweetest and chillest guy in the locker-room. Every day to wake up to his messages about the upcoming games and to enjoy the day or the weekend is what I look forward to whenever I see a notification in the locker-room early on in the day. An underrated cake due to it's bit obscurity (since most people go for easier and regular cakes), but it's easily one of the best cakes possible to have due to it's uniqueness. I think that description suits Smarch absolutely fine as people didn't really notice him in the deal that sent him to Toronto, but I assume Smarch will prove people wrong soon enough as he's an amazing personality and player for us.

@ROOKIE745 Macaron

Képtalálatok a következőre: macorron

Rookie will go down in history for Toronto, and he's an absolute class act who loves this team through and through and everyone in the locker-room would tell you that it's heartbreaking that we don't have a large chance to get him a cup here. Despite all the trades that really downgraded our chance to make a playoff push, he wanted to stick with the team all the way through to the end. What is a better way to show off a class act like himself than one of the fanciest desserts around like a macaron. We love you @ROOKIE745❤️

@Rayzor_7Gingersnap Cookies

Képtalálatok a következőre: gingersnap cookie

Rayz is a beast and a half, and he's a firecracker at that. He will tell you how it is and russle some feathers, but he also has a sweet side to him that shows because he's a core member of our social club. Drafted alongside him in the last VHL Draft, we came right into Toronto together and I believe we both helped shape the Legion into what it is now. I think a gingersnap is a perfect representation of him as he has that kick of cinnamon but overall deep inside he's a fluffy sugary boy, even if he hides that side of him 😉

@DoktorFunk Chocolate Cupcake

http://assets.kraftfoods.com/recipe_images/opendeploy/162746_640x428.jpg

Now this may be a chocolate cupcake, but don't mistake that this Jolly Green Giant cupcake wouldn't be as green as possible! Entering into the locker-room, several of us were rookies coming up prepping for our first VHL season, and Jolly was one of these people. Friendly and funny, the team wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there from the very beginning which perfectly suits him being a cupcake as nobody hates a cupcake.

I'm very sorry to everyone I've missed, but my brain doesn't hold enough information to think up more baked goods to associate people with, but everyone on the Toronto Legion team plays an integral part in making our team so close together.

I hope you enjoyed my awful attempt at matching people with baked goods using somewhat suspect descriptions!

(1007 words, claiming for weeks ending in 2/21 and 2/28)

Very unique and funny way to describe people, i would really enjoy if this became a big hit and we would be assigned dessert names instead of usernames. 9/10

Review- awesome JUICEEEE write up as usual, love seeing Toronto joke around about social club and these types of post!

:) good piece and well written I’d say format fits what you intended so all good there! 

10/10 well done buddy!