Anigbogu Weekly Journal #5 - Toronto Eliminated From Playoff Race

ngine4

The Toronto Legion's recent 2-3 loss against Moscow might appear as just another blip on the radar for an unspectacular 26-34-8 team. In reality, the loss cemented a moment that most team personnel feared was coming: an end to the previous era of Legion hockey. With the defeat, Toronto has been eliminated from playoff contention once again, and now await the upcoming offseason. With several players reaching the twilight of their careers, the Legion will have big decisions to make in order to solidify their future path. One such player who's nearing his final few seasons is S72 draftee Ziarie Anigbogu. Anigbogu, who was a defenseman for the entirety of his career, recently made the swap to left wing in order to fill some holes in the Legion lineup. After the Moscow game, Anigbogu dismissed concerns about his future status with the franchise:

"To be honest I don't even really follow the hockey world enough to know about any rumors or what the team has planned. I just know that I play hockey for the Toronto Legion, and will happily continue to do so as long as wanted or until I'm forced to retire."

Short and simple. Fans are eager to see what direction the team moves in, but that'll have to wait another week or so!