My First VHL Regular Season

LilHCorny

I’ll probably write a longer piece for after the playoffs, but I desperately need something to write about, and I’m in a cabin by a National Lakeshore with only my phone and no computer (so sorry for formatting issues if they arise) anyways, here it goes.

As you may or may not know I was selected in the third round by Ricer when I had coughs 68 TPE with 45 in leadership, yeah not so good.  But I guess I nailed by interview and a friend of mine put in a good word for me, so I guess I just got lucky.

Miami had made me feel so welcome and at home.  Whenever I need someone, everyone there is there for me and I try to do the same for others because of how much they have done for me.  I’m a Detroit sports fan.  The Lions went 0-16 once upon a time, Quinntrica was ruining the team throughout this year, the Pistons have struggled and the Red Wings have been horrific.  Yet still everyone somehow has a way of making me feel better about even the small things in life like those sports teams.

Now to the hockey stuff, my first game I was able to get first star and was elated.  I never dreamed that my... low TPE player could actually make an impact in the first game, I thought I’d have to wait out the season and hope for the best.  But nope, Trevor Wallace was able to make an impact thankfully.  I then proceeded to get my Junior Review done and eventually hit 100 TPE and the first gen bonus that week got me as one of the highest earners for that week, which helped a lot.  Then came a season in which I never replicated that first game but had a decent season.  My points never caught up to my games played during the regular season but Miami had a good season, and like I told Ricer and many others during my pre-dispersal draft interviews, I want to help the team win.  I’m not all about those individual accomplishments, don’t get me wrong those are great but when the team thrives we all thrive.  And I truly do believe in those words.

This season I learned that VHL isn’t just about creating a player and seeing what they can do, it’s about a sense of community, belonging and getting to know others who you share a passion with.  If there’s one bright spot in this pandemic for me it’s that I’ve found people who truly have helped me and I’ve become friends with.  From friends at school, to friends on random discord servers, to friends made on U2 forums to the people right here in VHL.  So thank you for being a part of that and making these crazy times a little better.

Sorry if that sounded like a rant, but I felt like I had to get that out, thanks again everyone (especially those of you in the Miami locker room, go Marauders!)

—-

Trevor Wallace

506 Words