Markinson Joins Mexico City

STZ

Markinson Joins Mexico City

Last week the STZ Agency returned to the VHL with their newest signing Hard Markinson. He's projected to be a top-pairing defenseman in the VHL, with good skating, a hard shot, and very physical defensive presence. His offensive awareness, puck handling, and play-making ability has been put into question; but he has many years to gain experience and develop those skills. After declaring for the S78 VHL Draft, Markinson was faced with the decision, where to play this VHLM season before being put into the VHLM Draft for next year. Markinson received nine offers from the following teams; Halifax 21sts, San Diego Marlins, Houston Bulls, Las Vegas Aces, Yukon Rush, Mexico City Kings, Miami Marauders, Saskatoon Wild, and Philadelphia Reapers. The decision was not taken lightly. At the end of the day Markinson and his agency team decided to go with the Mexico City Kings. The team is well run by both @Hylandsand @Juicewhich was a big factor in choosing to sign there. The team and members were also unique and all players I've never experienced playing with before. Markinson's build I really wanted to test in a high-octane offensive team, where he could be slotted high in the line-up, but also while being on a competitor. I also didn't want to go onto a team who had a bunch of players that would be bumped down because of the Free Agent signing(s). After reviewing the index and the most recent last 20 games played, I really liked the make-up of the Kings, and thought it would be a good spot for my new player.

With that being said, I wanted to give a bit of a shoutout to those teams that made the effort to offer my player a spot. I think this current crop of VHLM GM's is incredible, and like I said in my player post, I was shocked how many and quick offers were made.

Halifax 21sts @rory - The first one to offer, it was in record time. I mean rory is always online, I feel like I can meme post in discord and he always reacts. Originally Halifax was the team I wanted to join the most. I really considered it with their playoff matchups, and even seeing them get big wins on a few of the top VHLM teams. But at the end of the day, the team just didn't look right with my build. I would love to land here in the draft, but it just didn't align this time. 

San Diego Marlins @thadthrasher - I might have joined strictly based on the introduction video (I Think that was you who did the suit and tie vid). To be honest, I was looking at teams that would be playing in playoffs, and San Diego was missing. Still appreciate the offer, I think it's important, especially for new players to have a ton of teams offer them a spot, so even though there was little chance I would sign with most of the season over, still lots of value in what you are doing. 

Houston Bulls @rjfryman - This would have been a cheese signing. I think Houston is an absolute killer team, and I don't think they need any help. In fact, I would probably be hurting the team to bring a sub-200 TPE player to their team. I love the squad and it would have been a cool playoff run, but it just didn't make sense to me. I would rather be a bigger piece to a team, and hopefully push a team forward rather than just be sitting back seat to a cup. I'm a hug rj fan, and would love to play for Houston in the future if it came up!

Las Vegas Aces @Spartan - Spartan is the only GM to reach out in discord. I like the extra effort. My last player was on Vegas, so I had experienced the team before. In all honesty, I didn't realize Conferences didn't matter in playoff matchups. I thought Vegas would have had the hardest road to a cup. I didn't realize that they weren't stuck in the 4th seed against Houston or Mexico. That was the main reason I didn't go with Vegas.. I mean knowing what I know now, I probably would have still made the same decision, but that's what I was thinking at the time. Spartan is a great guy, and seems to have done very well as VHLM GM.. Would be great to return to Vegas if drafted.

Yukon Rush @MexicanCow123- Yukon is kind of the same situation as Vegas. I thought if I had joined the Western Conference it would be Mexico or Houston, didn't know about the cross-over rule. I don't really know Cow all that well, I think I've played a few Amung Us games with him, I remember the deep voice lol. But Cow is one of those under the radar guys who has really put in the work and made a name for himself. I definitely appreciate the offer.

Miami Marauders @Ricer13 - This was another one of those sneaky teams that I never considered before sifting through the index. The team is built well, with a great member-base. I like Ricer a lot, and it would have been a solid fit for Markinson. I think just at the end of the day there's a few extra max-cap players on Mexico that just pushed me over the edge in that direction. The Marauders are definitely on the right path, and look to have a good shot next season (Assuming your roster is all drafted and are staying next season). Thank you for your consideration, man!

Saskatoon Wild @Doomsday- I think this one was the toughest decision. Doom is such a good guy, and has been such a huge advocate for not only my time as VHLM GM, but has brought a lot of my old players to life with his historian articles. Such a nice offer message. Saskatoon was able to sign four free agent S78 players, and I just wanted to spread the wealth around. I think the lockerroom would have had a huge injection of talent, experience, and activity with the guys you added; I thought me signing at another team would just be a better fit overall, and spread that activity out throughout the league. I definitely appreciate the offer from you and of course the nice words as always. Keep doing what you're doing, Doom, you've proven to be a fantastic GM and you're an example of doing things the right way brotha.

Philadelphia Reapers @DMaximus - My time in Philly with Graves might have actually pushed this forward for me. But ultimately just wasn't the right fit. I think the team is solid, but I didn't reallyknow mamny members there, and I don't know if they can quite handle the top teams in the minors quite yet. But again, appreciate the offer.

Damn, second week in a row I started typing and couldn't stop..... marnerYikes

13 minutes ago, STZ said:

Las Vegas Aces @Spartan - Spartan is the only GM to reach out in discord. I like the extra effort. My last player was on Vegas, so I had experienced the team before. In all honesty, I didn't realize Conferences didn't matter in playoff matchups. I thought Vegas would have had the hardest road to a cup. I didn't realize that they weren't stuck in the 4th seed against Houston or Mexico. That was the main reason I didn't go with Vegas.. I mean knowing what I know now, I probably would have still made the same decision, but that's what I was thinking at the time. Spartan is a great guy, and seems to have done very well as VHLM GM.. Would be great to return to Vegas if drafted.

Should have explained this when I reached out 😭. But no hard feelings man, I'm still happy for ya and will see if we can snag you in the draft!