Declan Wolf's thoughts after the regular season has ended

MrShark

a08fbd8dfd193b6a8562a7775748e3f9.jpg

Declan Wolf (#29, left) hugging his teammate after

scoring a goal.

Declan Wolf and the Saskatoon Wild were left without a playoff spot despite doing very well at the end of the season, including a three-game win streak to end the season off. As many would guess, the team is disapointed after not making the playoffs after a close race and a really good looking chance to get in, but the atmosphere within the team is better than ever.

"Right now our locker room is the best in the league, no doubt. Everyone talks to each other, everyone is supportive towards each other, no one ever brings anyone down on purpose. These are just a couple out of the dozens of good things about our locker room and I think that is ultimately what led to our success towards the end of the season. Of course none of this would be possible without our GM (@Doomsday) recruiting everyone for this team and his incredible work in motivating the team. Braxton (@dshervill) did an a incredible job at being the captain and motivating everyone too and also bringing the team together. I wouldn't choose anyone to be our captain over him. Also, I came in late, but I was immediately warmly welcomed by everyone when I came and I was accepted to the group without any delay. I immediately knew I could talk to these guys about anything, at any time," Declan was quoted saying in an interview.

Declan had himself a good rookie campaign, scoring nine goals and added four assists for a total of 13 points in 34 appearances. He also had a memorable first game against the Hounds, scoring his first goal and making the game 4-3 to get his team within one 14:08 into the second period. This goal was assisted alone by Jan Hlozek, (@Bojovnik) just like many of Declan's goals. 

1354912578_Screenshot2021-02-22205834.thumb.png.32690cb7c77cb9d0cac61d6243ed90a3.png

Declan Wolf's stats at the end of the regular season.

"I'm happy with how my season went. I obviously wanted to do better but I do have to realize, that this is my first season and only the start of my journey. Scoring my first goal in my first game and assisting my brother Nikita's (@MrE) first goal were some of my highlights this season. I still have a lot of things to work on in my game, especially my consistency, to get better and help whatever team I'm on win," Declan commented about his successful rookie season.

Declan is now eligible for the VHL draft, but also the VHLM draft, which means he might not remain a member of the Saskatoon Wild for any longer. Him and his brother, Nikita, are most likely not going to be on the same team next season either, and could both join a new team. They have obviously been tied together, so it might be hard to split up. 

"I don't really care who drafts me to the VHL, it's a pro team afterall. If I had to choose one, it'd probably be Prague. I'd love to come back to the beautiful city of Saskatoon to play with the boys, especially if Doom somehow manages to get both me and Niki in the draft. It would be really hard to split apart, especially if Niki goes to a team that's far from my team. Well, that's up to Doom and the other GMs to decide and I've let Doom know that he doesn't have to pick me if he's got better options. Anyway, whatever team I play on, Saskatoon or not, Niki or not, I will try my hardest and put in my all to help the team win and hopefully be a key player," Declan said about his future to a reporter. 

Expectations for Declan Wolf are really high for this draft and the future and he is looking like a really strong prospect so far. He could very well become one of the all-time greats, as well as a great guy to have in the locker room and lead your team if nothing else.