Newcomer to Licensed STHS

Hex Universe

After recent events that I won't talk about, it made me wonder how the simming side of things work. What's all the things that goes into making the very sims that bring us all together happen? So yesterday I decided to purchase a two-year license to get STHS with all the bells and whistles.

Just looking at it once I got some basic NHL rating files in there shows a fairly complex system of imputing any and all information someone could want. Mostly getting this for learning and maybe experimenting purposes, I honestly can't wait to get into this whole thing. Last night I at learned how to do single player creation, just recreating Hex Rose in the system.

Honestly there is so much to learn with this and I would love any and all tips and tricks from members with more experience with this than I. Simming is such an important aspect of this league, so being able to learn more about it is amazing.

Most of y'all know that I am an ambitious member that looks for all ways to learn and grow in the league. I plan on figuring out how to make a simple sim with NHL players tonight, maybe I'll turn this into a series where I detail my time learning the engine.

Hex Rose | 219 Words

Edited by Hex Universe

I’m actually very very interested into this series it’s something that’ll I’ll definitely be looking forward to seeing progress. Great to see people like yourself adding to your resume this early in your time here!  

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Hex Universe said:

I plan on figuring out how to make a simple sim with NHL players tonight, maybe I'll turn this into a series where I detail my time learning the engine.

I think there is an updated ratings file for this already on Simons forum.