S76 WJC GM Announcement #3 - TEAM CANADA

bigAL

🚨 WORLD JUNIOR HYYYYYYPE TO THE MOOOOOOOON 🚀

Next up we have Team Canada. Historically, Team Canada has not been good. I mean, relative to expectations, they haven’t been good. Last year saw them finish at the bottom of the round robin and eke out playoff wins against Team Asia in the Quarter-Finals and . Could this be the year someone manages the Canadians to victory?! (I’ve heard that one before…)

dBJKViQ.png

Credit to @KaleebtheMighty, damn he's good.

I’d like to thank friend of the tournament @fromtheinside for his dedication and service to the World Juniors. He did an admirable job last year, and managed to build a positive environment and hype locker room even as the losses piled up. Maybe he'll come back as the VSN correspondent???

Well, this person can and will….

Spoiler

Dom G? d OMG? Dom 5G sponsored by Huawei? Whatever his preferred managerial name is, Dom will take the reigns of the red and white in Season 76. 

Dom has been on the radar as a possible manager for a while now. Last year, he was on the shortlist but ultimately couldn’t make the cut due to the immense amount of talent we had on the management team. With another season marinating and acclimatizing to the league, not to mention a very cushy role as DA’s understudy in Prague, Dom is ready to take the reins of a team himself.

Last year, Dominic Gobeil was on the ice for Team Canada. He did a great job of keeping life and energy going in the team locker room. As always, activity, enjoyment, and overall hype is the goal of the off-season tournament, and Mr. Gobeil proved last season that he can make that happen. He’ll hang up his skates and put on a suit as he transitions out of playing and into management for the tournament this year.

Another first year manager, WJC Headquarters is looking forward to see what our newest teammate can do with this great opportunity. His references spoke highly of him, and we have every belief that Dom will crush it this year. It’s not easy to create the Team Canada roster and its crazy depth, but if the job was easy then anyone could do it. Dom has a big challenge ahead of him.

What do you think, will he lead Team Canada back to the Gold Medal (Game?) this year?!

Next up: the made up teams...

Edited by bigAL

18 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Dom G? d OMG? Dom 5G sponsored by Huawei? Whatever his preferred managerial name is, Dom will take the reigns of the red and white in Season 76. 

Why are these all genius nicknames?

26 minutes ago, PatrikLaine said:

Why are these all genius nicknames?

because I am genius? Or because you really really want a GM job and are buttering me up? 🤣