Dawson's Final Game in Miami

Toast

Phoenix Dawson will be making the jump to the VHL with the elimination of the Marauders at the hands of the Yukon Rush. Dawson was the 77th-overall pick to Miami in his draft and would end up becoming the captain in Miami and now will sit in the top 5 of the team for overall scoring (until dethroned by others).  

Dawson will now join a growing Seattle team with fellow prospects from his class like Phil Johnson and Hex Rose. Dawson will slot in with a few minutes on the ice for the team but seems to be someone the team can rely on for the future as they become cup contenders. 

"I'm excited to see what's waiting for me in Seattle," said Dawson. "I know that I'm ready to jump to the VHL level. I'm grateful to the team and leadership in Miami for believing that I could be someone they could rely on. It's disappointing that we weren't able to win it all but I think we surpassed people's expectations with this season. There are a bunch of people on that team I believe in and I really think Miami will continue to grow"

Edited by Toast

• Toast changed the title to Dawson's Final Game in Miami