It's Been a Year

diacope 2

March 16, 2020. I remember that day vividly, it was the day that everything began to shut down due to covid. The whole Rudy Gobert thing happened and pro sports were shutting down. It was a Monday and we went to school, but we were informed that it would be the last day and then they were sending everyone home. Our principal gave us a timeline of a few weeks before we would return. We were naive back then.

I was scrolling through some sports subreddits on my phone at school and eating my lunch and I stumbled upon a VHL recruiting post on r/hockey. I only really used reddit for sports info due to my hatred of social media in general, and I deleted it the next day. Anyways, I saw the post and thought it sounded pretty cool. I kept it fresh in my mind until I was finished with school that afternoon, and I went to vhlforum.com some time after getting home. I joined the day of the draft, making my player ineligible. I got the chance to sign as a waiver player. I chose Saskatoon because of the fact it is in my home province, and that's how my VHL career started.

Someone once asked in a press conference that I used, "What's one good thing that happened to you during the pandemic?". I don't remember what my answer was, but I'd say ,"finding the VHL", if I could go back.

Edited by a_Ferk