A Crazy First Day In The VLHM

Alex

Coming into the league can be a daunting task given that I honestly had no idea what I was doing. Within minutes of joining I received an offer to join the Yukon Rush and everything became slightly easier as the GM was able to show me me ropes just in time for the puck to drop on my first 2 career games in the VHLM.

Game #1

My first career game came at home against the Halifax 21st, It started off as anyone's first game would the pre-game jitters, wanting to just have a solid first game to get it out of the way. That all changed at 16:47 of the first period when I scored my first career goal on Halifax Goalie Jonathan Bustard assisted by Brighton Grisby (4) and Nathan Powers (16) to give Yukon at 2-0 lead. Sadly, the lead would not last and we ended up losing 4-3 in regulation.

Game #2

Following the upset from the loss we quickly had to re adjust for game number 2 against the team who's contract I turned down the Las Vegas Aces. The first period saw some team success which established some momentum going into the second with a 2-1 lead. At 12:48 I was able to put the puck past Vegas goalie Morgan Karlsson for my second goal in as many games with an assist from Brighton Grisby (5), and Nathan Powers (17), this was enough to give us the win as we would go onto win the game 4-2 after a scoreless third period.

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come not just for myself but for the team as we turn our attention to tomorrow's games against Mississauga and Mexico City.