Carlitos way, Luke Lily to Houston

Last VHML draft held a few big surprises for all the ladies and gentlemen watching it, as one of the most promising youngsters in the draft class, Luke Lily, fell all the way back to the 30th position being the 17th highest ranked player in his class. Right now we have Luke Lily between our staff members, moments before he boards the flight to beautiful Houston, Texas

How does it make you feel to get drafted so late, being so high ranked on the boards?
Of course it made me a bit sad. I was waiting to get called during the first 15 picks, because of my immense growth over the last few weeks, but after I heard names getting called after 16th, 17th, 18th, I almost gave up on hope - I felt that I was forgotten completely out of the class, but then Houston picked me up after nobody else did. Shame on those managers for skipping on me

What are your initial thoughts on Houston as a franchise?
I think they have done a fantastic job over the last few seasons, and I have my hopes up for our bright future. Hoping I will not get traded anywhere, because I hate moving teams, that means I have to move from apartment to another and I just _hate_ all the lifting that includes.

How does it feel to get drafted into the team, where your stepbrother, Luukas Lilja, once played too?
We are not in good terms with my stepbrother as he is now living with my father in Estonia, but I feel that it was just a fluke. There are many great teams I could have been drafted into, but Houston was the one who got me, and I think that really does not matter in the end. All in all it was just some coincidental winds blowing.

What are your personal goals for your first season in the VHML?
Naturally, I will go into the season with the mindset that we as a team are going to participate in the playoffs. That just means I need to round up my game more, as you already know I just shoot with great success, but that is not enough against the strongest teams in the league. Im also looking to secure my spot in the top-6 forward department, and some work needs to be done there also.

Are you excited for the upcoming VHL draft for your part?
Very excited. I still have a season to prove myself to all the scouts in there going after me. Im very capable and my potential is just immense, I just need to get some molding done.

Is there any franchise you dislike from the VHL?

I really hate Calgary, I support Edmonton, so that comes in naturally from me. I really like Malmö and Helsinki as franchises, and they are also very close to me. As I have said before I will not even take a peak towards the eastern side, Riga and Moscow, the language barrier is just too big for to handle.