How Houston Self-Destructed in Less than 24 Hours

diacope 2

I was aware that Moon wanted out of Houston for a few days before the actual trade went down. He requested a trade and on October 18th, the trade was finalized and we sent Godlander to Minnesota in exchange for cube whale and Minnesota’s S82 2nd round pick. James glove dropper was pretty good friends with him and when he saw the trade, he also requested to be sent to Minnesota. In exchange for Glove dropper, we received Oskar Kiprusoff, Minnesota’s S81 3rd and their S82 5th. It was at this point that I came to terms with the fact we were no longer competing, as both players acquired in the trade were projects for next season. We lost two thirds of our leadership group and two leading scorers. I didn’t think it would get much worse.

Spoiler

Spoiler alert: it got worse.

I woke up the next morning to find that I was invited to the Houston locker room by both FrostBeard and Moon. I realized it wasn’t in my list of discords so I thought I was kicked. I joined to see that this was an entirely new locker room, and after a bit of context learned our General Manager was straight up banned from the league for a month. He also deleted the original locker room before leaving.