Tate Thoughts (Jan 4)

Tate

- Hello and welcome to the year 2022. Hard to believe sometimes that we are where we are, but life continues to trudge along and I with it. I think I might be feeling like most of you who went back to work this week, but a holiday break is never too long in my opinion. But you know what is always too long? A VHL offseason. (cue the joke drum beat)

- In recent news I was selected first overall by the Brigade in the upcoming Junior Showcase Tournament! Sounds like a lot of fun and my fortunes continue when it comes to being selected first overall in a VHL draft. If there is one thing I do expect with my new player, Brandt Fuhr, it is to not be selected first overall in the S83 VHL Draft. I know in the past few seasons we’ve seen two first overall goalies selected in Papa and Booberry, but I think it would be foolish for me to believe it would be the same for me. I don’t even know what teams need a goalie, and that didn’t matter to me when I created. My earn rate is high enough to warrant a pick… but how high of a pick remains to be seen.

(212 words)