Tate Thoughts (April 11)

Tate

-          Well, here it is Monday morning and I feel like I got no weekend at all. We had a hiccup in my RL when my son took off running toward the road and my wife subsequently went after him, only to trip and absolutely wreck her ankle. A bad sprain, and not broken, but this has meant that I spent all weekend on my feet taking care of both of them.

-          Things went just as expected when it comes to how the VSN scouted the draft, and lo and behold I went second overall to Vancouver. I am beyond happy to join the Wolves for a number of reasons including the fact that they have a kick ass brand, and a history of success. One of the best aspects of joining the Wolves as well is I have a clear path to starting in net, which was something I was wondering about all last season.

-          I find it somewhat interesting that not a single VHLE team contacted me ahead of their draft and let me fully explain that statement. I know that the consensus was that I wouldn’t go to the E because of my earn rate but I did go on record stating I would be open to it. Perhaps it was the fact that I was drafted by the Wolves that put the nail in the coffin? Since they had no goalie I would assume that most GM’s just thought that I would go up regardless (which has happened), BUT I did expect to at least get messaged about it. No big deal, I’m not upset, just find it interesting.