Sigard Petrenko - Reunited with AJ Williams

SEATTLE - This has been quite the season for the Bears. Sigard Petrenko has begun to settle in this season and seems to be finding his rhythm. He does not exactly stand out but he does what he can. Sigard has been having a solid season and the Bears have been absolutely spectacular. It’s weird to think that the Bears missed the playoffs when Petrenko was first introduced into the league. The times have changed and the masterminding of the Bears GM has created a new and competitive team through drafting, trades, and free agency.

One of the players that Seattle has acquired is AJ Williams. Drafted in the same draft as Petrenko as well as being Petrenko’s teammate in Mississauga during their VHLM days, AJ Williams is a deadly scorer and a great two-way player who has given the Bears a perfect first line. Sigard Petrenko is still very happy that AJ Williams is a Bear.

“AJ is an amazing team player and just does everything right. I’m glad that I’m able to watch and learn from him as well as play alongside him when I can. Without a doubt one of our top players and I definitely prefer playing with him over playing against him.”