Final Stretch - Sigard Petrenko

SEATTLE - Sigard Petrenko is having himself a fairly good season. 3 away from reaching 30 goals for the second time in his career, he is determined to get himself playoff ready entering the final stretch. Last playoffs, the Bears were the dark horse and were proving to be a formidable contender against the Wolves but were eventually defeated. This season, the Bears have blossomed into a top team with lots of talent and tough players. This team wants to be competitive and wants the cup.

“I mean, back in the VHLM, losing the Founder’s Cup in the final was rough. Me, Vinny, and AJ have a chance to win a championship together and this time in the major leagues. This team has been excellent and we have come together to prove that the Bears are still on top in the regular season. Now we have to take that and transfer it to the playoffs. We refuse to be a regular season only team.” Sigard Petrenko after a practice when asked about the final stretch.

“This final stretch is still pretty important, even if we do have a playoff spot. It’s our way of warming up and heating up before the playoffs come. Making sure we are firing on all cylinders and finding out any problems before the real deal. Regular seasons are great, yes, but playoffs are when we lay it all on the line. And I am excited.”