Departures and Arrivals - Seattle Bears

SEATTLE - While the Continental Cup champs are still celebrating winning the cup, the off season has started and has brought a few trades along with it. Nobody is safe, including members of a championship team. It’s the ugly and frankly potentially sad part of hockey; the business. For varying reasons, even if you are the top dogs, sometimes goodbyes need to be said. But thankfully, that also allows for new welcomes.

The two losses from the roster are Vinny Detroit and Zeedayno Chara, the captain and an invaluable veteran, respectively. The trade had to be done but it still sucks to see two fan favourites make their departure from the organization after going all the way with Seattle. Forwards will step up but it will still hurt for fans and players alike.

“Hockey is a business and I get that those trades make sense. But man, it really sucks that they had to go. Heck, for all we know, more could be dealt. On the bright side, they left the Bears organization at the very top of the podium. Can’t wait to see and compete against them on the ice.”

New arrivals have come however and will certainly bring great value to the team. Nils Godlander, an excellent scorer and fast young winger has been the only player to be officially named to the Bears roster, but we’ll see if any prospects are called up or if any moves are made. Regardless, Godlander had an excellent tenure in London, scoring 179 points in 144 games. He will be entering his third season.

“Great to see him on the team! Can’t wait to see how things go with Godlander. Excellent addition to our forward corps and I hope I get a chance to play with him.”