Maple Sidelined with Food Poisoning

dogwoodmaple

After an unfortunate meal at his favorite pre-game meal location, Waffle House, the Iron Eagles and Wolves forward Dogwood Maple had a terrible bout of food poisoning.

"It was almost so bad that we had to go to the hospital.  I was severely dehydrated and it really put some of the early season games in jeopardy."

Maple met with Vasteras' team doctor who didn't prescribe anything, other than plenty of fluids and lots of rest, but he did leave the door open to potential foul play.

"Dogwood told me he goes to Waffle House before every single game and gets essentially the same order.  So it's a little strange that he would get sick only this singular time.  I'm not saying that somebody spiked his food and intentionally poisoned him, but I have been in contact with the authorities about the situation," said team doctor Cal Thadocta.

"I'm just focused on getting better, that's all.  Whether it was innocent or not is not really a concern for me. I need to be at the top of my game for my teammates and that's why I'm following doc's orders to the letter.  Rest, relaxation, and plenty of water. Gotta get better for the regular season."

(204 words)