Season 85 Theme Week Options

JCarson

This article hopefully will be a little lighter and more fun than some of the other articles I have written. I have had fun over the last 2 seasons writing my theme week article and so I thought I would put together this article providing some fun options for topics for Season 85 Theme Week. 

My first suggestion would be to have players do an article pretending they are a new team developer trying to promote an expansion to a new city in one of the leagues. They can pick a place for it to be established and can put together an argument on why it would be a suitable location. In the article they could cover items like revenue potential for a team, benefits for the players who will play there, and potentially how that city would fit in with the other teams already in the league. 

My second suggestion is a little more whimsical, in doing a pet of the VHL. Everyone could do a small article introducing their pet, or a pet they wish they had, and if some people are dead set against pets, they could explain why they do not like pets. Pictures would be very welcome and the odder the pet the better. 

My last suggestion would be to have everyone write a random news piece about something that happened to their player in the offseason. It could be a fun happy piece about how they were involved in a charity golf tournament, or it could be about how all their luggage was lost as they moved to join a new team. Give the chance for players to be creative and tell a story about their player in the world of the VHL but not directly tied to a specific game recap. 

If you read this article feel free to respond and provide other fun options for VHL theme week.