Podcast for the casting Impaired - Episode #1

Thunder

Another week and another failed attempt at a podcast.  If anyone is keeping track, I think I am at 5 or 6 weeks in a row, maybe more.  You see, I wake up on Monday mornings, and say to myself, “myself, today’s the day to do a podcast.”  Well, today I actually made it further in the process than I have thus far, but nevertheless, I failed again.  I just cant keep things going on and on talking without stopping.  When I stop I either have to keep it or delete it.  Every time I end out deleting.  That leads me to today’s discussion.  This is a podcast for the casting impaired.  Who knows, this could be a routine, like all you podcasters.  Episode #1, and so on…

Today’s podcast for the casting impaired, I will discuss lane travel/road rage, the VHLM Founder’s Cup, free agent Juan Ceson, and the Las Vegas Aces GM Shindigs.  If this was a legitimate podcast, it would be at least 15 minutes, but since its for the casting impaired, it will be over 500 words.

There’s a legal U-turn for left turning at a major intersection near my house.  It is for traffic turning north from the eastbound lane, giving them the option to turn back west to get back to the freeway or the local businesses.  The problem arises when the southbound right on red traffic decides to turn west at the same time the U-turners make their moves.  It dicks up traffic completely because the idiots making the right turn forget that they must yield, and when they don’t yield, it snarls the left turn traffic and often times causes the signal to turn red with few cars making it through.  But, the worst part is the impatient right turners who blast on the horn when the front right turner is actually yielding to the U-turners.  The trickiest part is if you are second in line and the number 3 car is doing the honking but the number 1 car thinks its you!  Needless to say, there has been a few times of disgruntled drivers waving the middle finger.

The next topic is the Founder’s Cup.  The Las Vegas Aces wasted no time in taking the cup home for the second year in a row, and doing so with such dominating fashion.  Halifax played respectably losing by only 1 goal in three out of the four losses, and losing by 2 goals in the other loss.  Yet, the Aces, stacked with talent, never let up and put in the goals needed to get them over the top in each game.  Las Vegas has proven once again to be a powerhouse in the VHLM.

This leads me to the next topic, the Las Vegas Aces captain, Juan Ceson.  If you have followed the Aces, you would know that Juan Ceson is one of the main reasons Las Vegas has won the cup two years in a row.  Ceson, is a diminutive figure on the ice who explodes with power and grit and causes havoc to the opponents.  His leadership brings dominance and encourages teammates to step up and play beyond their capabilities.  For all those GM’s in the VHLM, if you can offer Juan Ceson something more than what Shindigs can offer, you better do it now because he won’t be a free agent for too long.  Not only is Juan Ceson the leader on the ice, he’s also the main focus in the locker room, leading to the next topic.

If you are ever challenged by Shindigs to play chess, dont accept the challenge.  Shindigs knows two, three, four, and five moves ahead.  He’s a genius in the VHL, and winning two cups in a row has proven that he is a very good GM.  Whether its his drafting players, choosing a team captain, or encouraging players to earn TPE, Shindigs has got it all and does everything effortlessly.  He recently opened up the AGM position and although I haven’t seen who it is yet, I’m sure he’s selecting someone who can follow his lead as Retoslav did for two seasons.  Whoever it is, will probably learn the ropes from Shindigs and become quite the GM when given the opportunity as a Shindigs protege.

There you have it, the podcast for the casting impaired.  Episode #1.

730 words

31 minutes ago, Thunder said:

There’s a legal U-turn for left turning at a major intersection near my house.  It is for traffic turning north from the eastbound lane, giving them the option to turn back west to get back to the freeway or the local businesses.  The problem arises when the southbound right on red traffic decides to turn west at the same time the U-turners make their moves.  It dicks up traffic completely because the idiots making the right turn forget that they must yield, and when they don’t yield, it snarls the left turn traffic and often times causes the signal to turn red with few cars making it through.  But, the worst part is the impatient right turners who blast on the horn when the front right turner is actually yielding to the U-turners.  The trickiest part is if you are second in line and the number 3 car is doing the honking but the number 1 car thinks its you!  Needless to say, there has been a few times of disgruntled drivers waving the middle finger.

sounds like Michigan. Man I hate U-turns. Other than that sounds like bad design maybe they need a lesson from Rob the road guy