Seattle Bears - So Close Yet So Far, Yet Only Getting Closer

SlapshotWrangler

SEATTLE - The formerly defending champions could not keep their crown as the Warsaw Predators bested them in six games in order to claim the title as best team in the league. A heartbreaking result for Bears fans and players, who all wanted to reach the top together. Sigard Petrenko was silent in the locker room. Reportedly, the only words he said to the team were “Next season, boys. We’ll get it back next season.” It’s not often you get a chance to play in a final and Seattle has made it twice in a row. While they were victorious in season 83, they were not here. In all honesty, there were a considerable number of new members so it wouldn’t be fair to call them the same team. However, that just made all of them more determined to get a cup together.

“It really blows. I desperately wanted to win with this group. I mean, this S84 team was special. We had Dusty between the pipes absolutely killing it in his first season. He doesn’t believe it but he was a big reason we made it here. Torq has been a great leader on and off the ice. AJ is always phenomenal and is arguably the face of the franchise. Miggy (Miglaskems) is coming off a career season and is truly a world-class center. All the new guys and returning guys put in hard work. It didn’t pay off.” Sigard said.

However, there was a bit of optimism.

“This team is relatively new with some new acquisitions and core changes. Flex retired but Dusty has really picked it up and ran with it. We have learned our lessons and we only get better from here on out. We are over the cap and we may see some departures. Not even I am safe. But believe me when I say this Bears team is special and will be back for more.”