Between the Periods with Bobbus Dingus ft. Nikolas Kauppi - S85 Draft!

Tetricide

interview2.thumb.jpg.d5de8d95fdf286bf9569afffd003956f.jpg

Hello, world! Welcome to another episode of Between the Periods with your host Bobbus Dingus featuring my friend Nikolas Kauppi of the Mexico City Kings! Nikolas, today was a very special day today wasn't it?
Yeah, today was honestly a roller coaster of emotions. Not that I know what those really are.

I have no doubts! Today, ladies and gentlemen, was the season 85 VHL draft which Nikolas was eligible for! How many teams did you talk with?
Several teams, actually. I don't remember the count. I just know that I wasn't expecting to be drafted by the Prague Phantoms. 17th pick overall, 2nd round. I'm not sure anyone really saw it coming.

You must have left an impression on the staff in charge of drafting because let's face it...you kinda fell off after your trade.
Bob, come on you're making me look bad here. Look, I--
You're the one that couldn't produce and I'M the one making you look bad? Just pointing out the facts here, bud!
Call me "bud" one more time and see if you leave here with that pretty face.
Nikolas keeps a smile on and stares at Bobbus, and Bobbus gestures to continue after a brief pause.

Look...I don't know what they saw in me either. Maybe it's my charming off-ice personality. Maybe I'm a good in interviews. All I know is that they saw something others probably didn't and I'm happy to keep working on getting better so that when I do finally play for Prague they'll see they didn't make a mistake. ...And you can stop giving me shit in these interviews.

Ahh, come on Nikolas! What's friendship without giving each other grief? How did your parents take the news? I'm sure they were excited either way!

My parents are still here in town for a couple days before going back home. We were all watching to see when my name would pop up except my dad was in the bathroom when my name popped up first in the 2nd round. He didn't bother trying to button up and buckle down his pants running back in the family room. His pants were basically around his ankles when he cheered. It's too bad none of this was on video because it was hilarious to watch this man slide across the floor with practically no pants on.

That sounds like a story to tell your kids and grandkids! Hey, do you think maybe I could join you guys next time on something like this?

Look, Bob... We're...friends, but we're not that close. Maybe you can buy dinner some time. Just you and me. None of this weird interview stuff.

Dinner with my friend Nikolas?  Well, ladies and gents, it looks like I've got a hot date--
Oh, god, it's not a date...please don't do this...

--with my friend here to go to. So, that's going to do it for today's episode of Between the Periods. Congratulations Nikolas Kauppi on being drafted by the Prague Phantoms and I wish you future success! Also, thanks for not walking out like last time.
Thanks, Bob. That means a lot coming from a fan who is also a...friend. Text me the details and I'll meet you there.
Nikolas stands up, takes the lapel microphone off, and drops it before walking off.

Will do! Wait...Wait! Nikolas! I don't have your number!

561 words, using for PT week ending August 28.