World Cup Preparation - Sigard Petrenko

SlapshotWrangler

SEATTLE - Sigard Petrenko was recently announced as a member of Team East Europe for this season’s World Cup. Playing alongside recently traded Bear (now an LA Star) Sirdsvaldis Miglaskems, they will be looking to win gold for their region. Sigard and Sirdsvaldis will surely be looking to use their experience as Bears teammates; if they are on the same line that is. Sigard is especially excited to have an opportunity to play with Sirdsvaldis as teammates for potentially the last time.

“I do not agree with the actions of my country. However, it is an honour to represent the region I am from. I think I speak for every player in this tournament when I say it is an honour to play in the World Cup.” Sigard said in a press conference after the announcement.

“Recently we traded Sirdvaldis. He’s a great young center but we needed to make room because of cap complications. An understandable trade and I wish him the best in L.A. He's an excellent center who is great on both ends and will be a force in the league for a long while. But I am looking forward to having one last chance to play with him and I believe this team has the players we need to win a tournament. We’re going for Gold and I am excited to see how this goes.”