What Richards Hopes For

John Cimarno

With the VHLM GM's being announced this means that the draft date for the S85 VHLM draft should be announced soon. Congrats to Jason who got the AGM job with Ottawa by the way. As the draft approaches and more and more anticipation builds up as the hype gets louder I thought it would be nice to make a media spot of my thoughts before the draft happens. 

I have made some great friends in the VHL and although playing alongside them will be impractical it's not impossible. We are all consistent earners and would love to be drafted to the same team but we also know that there is a great possibility that it may not happen. There are rumours that Miami traded for a second round pick so they could take my friend with that pick and whether it happens or not, whoever does pick Kirby in the draft will be extremely happy with their choice.

Kirby or Lachlan Summers, is an extremely good, talented, young goaltender in the VHLM spending this past season with the San Diego Marlins, in the JST with the Dehli Pickles and the Pro Am with the Arctic Ground Squirrels. Lachlan was a vital piece to the Pickles roster and helped the us win games. They have a great personality and they're really friendly. 

The other person I would like to be drafted with if possible is Sadie St Louis.

Sadie is an absolute unit on the ice, she came into the VHL the same time I did. Our first 3 games together in San Diego were bad. She had 14 shots on goal but nothing to show for her efforts but ever since then she tore up the league. Sadly in the JST she was protected from the expansion draft so therefore Lemorse could not pick her to be on the Pickles, instead she stayed on the Brigade who I believe are up 3-1 in the finals right now. In the Pro Am she is part of the Arctic Ground Squirrels so she plays alongside Lachlan Summers again. She is an incredible person and very motivated to earn TPE this is why I can see some teams being high on the likes of Sadie.

Now for John Richards.

John Richards isn't perfect he tries to be the best he can be and he's pretty good at shooting but also can pass the puck like no other. He finished the season with San Diego at just under a point per game and the same thing in the JST. In the Pro Am, John Richards plays for the Atlantic City Angus, unfortunately he did not get the opportunity to play alongside Sadie outside the VHLM but he's hoping that doesn't change heading into the draft. He likes the team he plays for in the Pro Am and is ready to suit up for game 1 tomorrow. He hopes to be drafted to a team who also picks one of if not both of Sadie and Kirby but knows this is a difficult thing to ask and so he simply just has hope. 

These are my thoughts on the upcoming S85 VHLM draft hopefully a team can keep the trio together.